Sign in to follow this  
Nixon

Horn Replacement

Hey to all,

It's been almost a year since we got our 264 and it is great....it would be perfect if it had a more "manly" horn! Actually, a horn that could be heard would be a great start. Any suggestions on a replacement horn, electric, but loud?

thanks to all

Bill

I put an electric motorcycle air horn on mine. its loud as chit. I took the old horn out and took a piece of boat wood from west marine and rigged it to hold the new horn behind the hold spot hole. I took the screen off the hold horn so it is louder also.

I believe they make a higher volume horn that fits the same spot. To get some real volume you need to install air horns.

We had our annual CCG inspection and when I sounded the boats horn he just smiled at me. I quickly held up my push button air horn and he promptly gave me a check mark. Sure would be nice to have a louder horn, if I could figure out where the heck it is.

I mounted a pair of trumpet electric horns near the VHF mount on our Sig 240. The connection was simple and the sound is great. When I sound one blast before making the 90 degree blind turn to port when exiting our marina's channel, people turn and look, including incoming boaters - which is why the horn is sounded in the first place. I've posted photos on a previous thread. Hy