Bearclaw

New Phone Time!

10 members have voted

1. 1. What should my upgrade be?

• Some kind of Droid
    • Some kind of Blackberry

So it is time for the 2 year upgrade and I want to change things up a little bit. I currently have the Iphone 3GS. I have had an Iphone since it first came out, and after my wife dropped her's in the toilet and upgraded to the Iphone 4g, I am just really not impressed with it. Other than face time, I do not see what more it offers over the 3gs. So now I am looking at droids and blackberry's. My only real requirements would be a web browser and email. I would like to be able to access my school email (hotmail) which I could not do on my IPhone. I will not conduct business with the phone, just standard recreational use. I am not sure how I will like going back to a non-touch screen phone, but I am open to the idea.

So what do you all use and what are your opinions? Who has had an iphone and switched to something else, or something else and switched to an Iphone. I want to hear real opinions, not the customer service lady at AT&T.

Thanks!

Love my Droid. Hated my blackberry browser (so slow). I even have a nautical charts application so I can use my phone as a GPS plotter. Works very well.

No doubt.....Droid.

Admiral just got new iPhone.........I just got new droid 4g...she now has droid envy

Love my Droid. Hated my blackberry browser (so slow). I even have a nautical charts application so I can use my phone as a GPS plotter. Works very well.

What servec are you on? What app are you using? And finally is your phone locked or rooted?

Love the iPhone. Have a 3GS and will upgrade to a 4 as soon as the 5's come out toward the end of 2011.

Blackberry web browsing is too slow.

Love the iPhone. Have a 3GS and will upgrade to a 4 as soon as the 5's come out toward the end of 2011.

I haven't read a whole lot about the Iphone 5, but like I said, the Iphone 4 really doesn't offer me anything more than what the 3GS does, except facetime, which I know has been an option on droids for quite some time. I like the Iphone, I think it is a quality phone, but it is still expensive even with an upgrade, whereas I can use my upgrade and get a nice Droid for $50, maybe even free depending on the promotion. Maybe I should hold off making my decision until the Iphone 5 comes out.