Sign in to follow this  
Dbal72

Chap 280 or 290?

At least you 280/290 owners have three choices on where to sleep! Surpringly my wife and I choose the mid-berth in our 240. I am 6'2" and the length of the mid-berth is over 6'6" with a width of between a double and a queen. A little tight getting back to it but once in it is ok. My kids take the v-birth. I can't imagine the extra room in the 280/290 vs. mine. I also agree the mattress could be a little thicker and have thought about a topper for it.

The mid berth that we are referring to is what you call the aft cabin on a 290. Maybe you are thinking about the sleeping area when you lower the dinette table to make up a berth....never tried that on our 290, and can't sat that it would be comfortable for anyone over 5' tall.....

Well don't I feel silly !

Must be a North / South thing . lol

I tried to sleep in the aft cabin on our 260 but it was a bit hot. That is where the return for the AC us but I need to add a small fan to help with air flow. At 6' I'm comfortable in the V birth if it's just me but I think once a fan is added the aft birth will be mine. One thing we did is put a twin size feather mattress under the pad in the aft cabin and that made it much more comfortable.

You would think that with the price of the sigs that they would have a good mattress.

You would think that with the price of the sigs that they would have a good mattress.

one would think..... :scratchchin:

I am currently modifying a kids side rail for the mid berth so my 3 year old can sleep on it withour rolling off. My 2 older ones sleep in the v berth and my wife and I have the aft cabin. Will take a picture when done.

A

+1 on a 290 over a 280. When we were shopping last year, I based my final decision on several factors; one was my ability to stand up in the head on the 290 as compared to the 280 model. I had to hunch over in the 280. I've been extremely happy with the 290 and we've towed it several hundred miles this year taking trips to the Gulf and the Atlantic.

I have no problems sleeping in the mid berth. I am 6', and have room to stretch out. It is pretty comfortable, but could use a more cushioned mattress....

I'm with you on this Jeff. I've been meaning to get some mattress foam but keep forgetting. Regardless, I have no complaints...

I've had my 03 280 (same as 04-09 290) for about a month and a half and love it! Even though we have a place at the beach I still sleep on the boat. We have a 15 inch flat screen in the mid-berth (aft cabin) so it's cool to lay back there... watch a movie... and listen to the water hit the hull of the boat. The kids stay up front and watch the 19 inch TV. It's great family time.

The mid-dinette is for the dog!

b7d9b021.jpg

488c866f.jpg