gone2beach

Wiring Diagram

6 posts in this topic

Wiring diagrams, yes those would be really nice. The word that we get from Chaparral is that there are none. Beats me how they could build a boat and not have drawings of the systems on board. From the way it sounds they pile up a bunch of parts and see how they can put it together.

Welcome to the forum gone2beach . We are glad you are here and believe that you will find answers to a lot of your questions. We also provide some humor, of course at no charge to you other than the initiation fee you paid to join this forum ;)

A few pointers for you to do (if you have not already done so) to help us help you:

1. By clicking on your name in the upper right corner to bring up your options select my profile to add into your signature your location (geographic area).

2. Also under your signature add the type of boat you have and its mechanical systems, such as boat type, engine, drives, etc. This way you don't have to type it into to every post you put up. This will help us help you a lot! Without it, you may not get any answers.

3. Use the Search feature in the top right corner of the forum. There is a lot of good information on this forum that will answer many of your questions. We have a lot of experts here with a large amount of life experience.

4. Take a minute to review our Terms of Service, again right corner. There is good information in there that you will want to know including that we cannot discuss pricing. But read some of our other posts on here to learn the work around for that. ;)

5. We like pictures a lot! So when you get a chance, post some pics of your ride. Read through this thread to learn more about how to do so.

6. Take some time to look through the Help (upper right corner) and > Info Center) located under Chaparral Boats Forum on the main page. From there you will find parts guides, brochures, manuals, specifications, canvas installation manuals, vinyl care information, square gauge setup, weather links, computer desktop backgrounds, etc. Lots of good stuff there for you and your Chaparral!

7. Come back early and often to post. We are a community of friendly and some of us are border-line psychotic. But we admit to it and that's the first step to recovery ;)

Again, welcome to the asylum/forum and we look forward to more from you. Don't be a stranger.

:thl_speedboat:

If your still have problems, i'll try to help. admiral is correct, but I have been around boats a lot. most ing switches r straight forward.

You can get some info here by looking up you boat. They have what they call a "electrical schematic", which is more a wiring harness construction diagram. It is helpful only to see the routing of the harness and the loads. Use that with the ABYC color code. You can guess that a RED wire is +12v wherever. They have intentionally left out the details but basically +12v feeds a breaker or fuse and then a switch where the color should change to match the end load. Brown out of the switch, brown at the pump and so forth. The bilge pump wiring can be confusing since it is fed directly from a fuse at the Battery switch location (on my boat)and is generally not switched on/off by the Battery switch. It is hot all the time. The extra wires connected to the pump are from the dash switch to manually turn it on.

Chaparral didn't help by not identifying the fuses @ the battery switch. A "need to know" trend that I see repeated.

2002 232 sunesta with 5.0 Motor. Oil pressure wiring harness from sending unit to analog gauge needed. I have checked the gage to be good and replaced the sending unit. The problem is the gage goes to full deflection when power applied. I have a wiring diagram (from the manual that gets me from the single blue wire on the sending unit to what looks to be a connector pin 8 called a "Item N' 33 Ten Pin. That where it stops. Need to get from there to gage. Any Help appreciated. Positive note the oil pump is good as I haven't overheated or blown it up....!! Thanks

2004 210 SSI 5.0..oil pressure runs around 60-70 psi leveled out at around 25 mph but under hard acceleration or high speed it runs at 80 to 90+ psi. What is normal operating pressure? All other gauges indicate normal operation so I'm assuming the alarm coming from the small round "cricket-sounding" device under the helm is related to oil pressure that is too high (Cricket device fed by tan wire with blue tracer). I regularly change the oil and filter, along with other service recommendations per the owner's manual with the recommended Volvo parts and I only have 180 hours on the boat, so I either have a bad sending unit, gauge, oil pump or something else...curious what Shanematthew1 found...any other suggestions? . Thanks