Sign in to follow this  
mikw

Day Trips from Destin, FL

Greetings ALL!!

The Admiral and I are going to Destin, FL for a week in August and have decided to tow the boat and put it in a wet slip for the week. We're staying on the Beach, but don't want to spend every day sitting on the beach in front of the Condo. We've trailered to Destin before but just for a weekend and spent time in the Harbor and Crab Island, but we're looking for other places to go for "Day Trips". We plan on riding the ditch to Panama City one day; but have already been to Shell Island, and looking for something else there. Since our boat is an open bow, I hesitate to go in the Gulf unless seas are calm (would less than 2 feet be considered calm????); however, we would enjoy a trek offshore if the seas are calm. I've already prepared a travel kit with the required items IAW Coast Guard regs, and will be sure Sea Tow is up to date - just in case.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time!!

SeaRay is haveing their Aquapaloza (sp?) event on the west side of P'cola Saturday. I'll prob be there. It's a nice ride in the intercoastal from Destin. I've done it a several times. It's about a two hour trip each way but a nice smooth ride. Maybe I'll see you there!

Ride over to Baytowne Marina and check out Baytowne Wharf. We enjoyed walking around the village there.