Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AdamH

Bath time???

12 posts in this topic

I don't know about any of yall but I have been staying away from Lake Norman for a few weeks now. The water is too hot! I went out yesterday thinking the two days of rain may have helped. Well, if it did help, I would have hated to be in the water before the rain! I only stayed out for about 2 hours and found myself spending more time on the boat than in the water.

I don't know about any of yall but I have been staying away from Lake Norman for a few weeks now. The water is too hot! I went out yesterday thinking the two days of rain may have helped. Well, if it did help, I would have hated to be in the water before the rain! I only stayed out for about 2 hours and found myself spending more time on the boat than in the water.

Thats funny, because we went out yesterday and thought it was great how much the water had cooled from a week agao. It was a hot tub last week, but we found it way cooler and pleasant yesterday. go figure...

Thats funny, because we went out yesterday and thought it was great how much the water had cooled from a week agao. It was a hot tub last week, but we found it way cooler and pleasant yesterday. go figure...

I'm sure it is better than a week or so ago but still too hot for me. Maybe I will head up towards Troutman next weekend and see if it's any better up that way. I was anchored in a cove about 15 ft deep. Maybe deeper water will help as well.

I was down there for the last 2 weeks and the water around our dock was literally hot!!! We would wakeboard, break a sweat and not even be cooled off when we stopped. Brutal!!! But hey, it sure beats the bitter cold we had in the NE last winter!!! I love LKN!!

We had the same problem in the Upper Chesapeake. 92+ degrees is not refreshing, have not been out boating for the past 3 weeks due to air and water temps. We did finally go out again this past Saturday and it was about 86. Not too cold, not too warm.

I think I would go for bath temp. We have hit 100+ for the last 37 days and at night it gets down to 86. The lake is like a hot tub and the fish are crawling up on the bank to cool off. Last weekend is the first one I have skipped the lake, 108 and 107 just to darn hot. (So this is what global warming is like) There might be a chance that we could get down in the upper 90s by the end of the weekend.

The only good news to all of this is the fuel we are saving at these high rates. This has been such a hot summer that i have only been out about 25% of the time I am usually out. The heat plus how busy I have been. But I would rather blame it on the heat ;)

No worries though as the cooler weather will be here before we know it and then we will all be lamenting about how we can't go out because it is too cold and we have our boats laid up in winterization. Oh, how I do not want to think about that.

Happy summer to all!

I think I would go for bath temp. We have hit 100+ for the last 37 days and at night it gets down to 86. The lake is like a hot tub and the fish are crawling up on the bank to cool off. Last weekend is the first one I have skipped the lake, 108 and 107 just to darn hot. (So this is what global warming is like) There might be a chance that we could get down in the upper 90s by the end of the weekend.

Come to Ontario and chill for a while Mike, average temp around mid to high 80's. I really don't think I could handle 105 - 107F.

Come to Ontario and chill for a while Mike, average temp around mid to high 80's. I really don't think I could handle 105 - 107F.

Our water temp is at 92 or higher, and mid 80s is our overnight low.

Went to Germany a couple of weeks ago, they had highs in the upper 60s, nice change from here. I can manage the heat most of the time, but above the 105 mark starts to get too hot. We are going to break a record here for the longest number of straight days at or over 100.

There are some coves to hide in that have enough water flow to stay cool on LKN. My fav is cocktail just off of the point golf course - the back of the cove feeds a stream so plenty of circulation. This weekend should be great - 88 on sat by wunderground.com