Neal C.

Covers: cockpit and bow OR mooring?

31 posts in this topic

I always put my mooring cover on over my snap on cockpit and bow cover. Just a little extra protection from the rain.

Hey Matt, I see you have the big mud flaps on your truck for towing. I just bought one that mounts to the hitch ball mount. No more stone chips on my boat!!!

I agree that cockpit and bow covers are ok for short-term coverage. I had a custom mooring cover made for my boat - works great and covers the colors to keep them from fading.

ChaparralatSlip010.jpg

Very nice, mnchap!

notos, the adjustable support poles should be readily available aftermarket: Overton's, Bass Pro, West Marine, etc.

I also keep my mooring cover on over my bow/cockpit covers (with a tarp over that!). Then under a canopy! :D

I have the mooring cover on mine at the moment (parked / on trailer) & was thinking how much of a pain n' the arse this would be trying to put on while at the mooring. Also woke up this morning to a total of about 20+ gallons of water puddled in the bow & on the back. Maybe I have to pull this on tighter? I don't have the ropes/straps to tie it up.

As for the bow & cockpit cover; I have a supply of 303 Fabric Guard in commute! Hopefully this helps keep the water from seeping through.