Sign in to follow this  
Weekend At Bernie's

Jacksonville FL

There are several great boating events coming up here in Jacksonville and I was wondering if there any other Chap owners attending. There's the Jaguars Monday night football game on Oct. 24, the Florida/Georgia football game aka. worlds largest outdoor coctail party from Oct. 27- 30 and the Blue Angels airshow at NAS JAX Nov.5 and 6th.

Hey, What is this "outdoor cocktail party" you mentioned? Anything worth checking out, I know its alittle late this year but, there is always a next. As for the JAX events, its quite a ways to go, so we would have to make a few days out of that trip!

Hey, What is this "outdoor cocktail party" you mentioned? Anything worth checking out, I know its alittle late this year but, there is always a next. As for the JAX events, its quite a ways to go, so we would have to make a few days out of that trip!

The Florida Gator/Georgia Bull Dogs have played their annual football game in Jacksonville for 79 years. It has earned the nickname as the worlds largest outdoor cocktail party for good reason. RV's start lining up Tuesday get into RV city by the stadium when the lot opens up Wednesday. The marina by the stadium has a lottery for the 74 available boat slips and the boaters arrive Thursday and must stay until Sunday. The event brings in about 200,000 visitors for an 80,000 seat capacity stadium. My wife and I were able to get one of the 74 boat slips. We could care less about the game so we're going for the event.

I'm probably wasting my time, but just in case there are some Jacksonville boaters out there looking for an event to take the boat out, here some things to do; Metro Park is hosting a Salute to the Veterans celebration with live music from 1 PM until 11 PM on 11/11($3 beers). The Taylor Swift concert is also going on at the Veterans Memorial Arena the same night, so the marina may be lively. On 11/12 the Soul Food Festival is also at Metro Park.

More boating events. Sunday, January 1 Jaguars vs the Colts. Monday, January 2 the Gator Bowl Florida vs Ohio. Metro Park is requiring a minimum three day stay, so the marina should be lively all weekend. Stay at the marina and take the water taxi downtown for the New Years firework show or take the boat down to the Landing.

Should be a fun weekend, hope to see some Chaps there. :drink-buddy:

Thanks for the info about boating in the Jacksonville area. We have a house in Atlantic Beach but no boat. Our Chap 290 is in Maryland where we live. One of these days we will bring it with us to FL.

Thanks for the info about boating in the Jacksonville area. We have a house in Atlantic Beach but no boat. Our Chap 290 is in Maryland where we live. One of these days we will bring it with us to FL.

Boating here in Jacksonville with the St. Johns River, ICW and the Atlantic Ocean makes Jacksonville one of the best boating cities in the US. Drop me a message if you ever bring your boat down :thl_speedboat:

Question for you. I trailer over that way a good bit during the summer. I go to Mud Creek north of the St. Johns on the ICW most of the time. The beach and sand bar is great for the family. Do you know of any other good beach type places between the St. Johns and St. Simons?

Seapossum, Ft. George Inlet is probably the most popular area beach type area for boaters. There are dozens of boats there on any given weekend and it is also the location of the annual Aquapooloza event. They are actually going to have a band performing on a barge at this years event. I keep posting on upcoming events, the next one being a St. Patty's day party on March 17th at Metro Park.

OK, Ft. George Inlet is one of our favorite places. Actually where my signature photo is from. We just learned it as Mud Creek for some reason. When is the Aquapooloza scheduled?

It basically to dock party by a group of several boaters that have met via Jaguar games, downtown events and the likes. We would like to see Metro Park marina utilized more since the city has spent money upgrading the facilities by adding shore power. It's free docking and shore power is only $8.56 for a 24 hour period. We will arrrive Saturday afternoon and each boater will bring something for the pot luck dinner. There will be live entertainment too. Nothing fancy but a fun time and a great opportunity to meet some of the more active local boating community. Contact me personally if you have any questions about this or any other boating events.

I have not posted any events in over a year and a half due to lack of interest here in Jacksonville, but since you ask...There is a raft up event at Julington Creek on October 12 from 11am until 3pm. There will be a huge floating barge with live music.

There is always something in Jacksonville for boaters. This weekend for example The Festival of Nations at Metro Park, a Sharks football game at Veterans Memorial and the Shrimp Festival in Fernandina. The next big boating events are Boaters Skip Day on June 6th with free food and live music being held at Bayard Point, just south of the Shands Bridge and Floatapalooza which is held in July at Ft. George (www.floatapalooza.com).