Gibby

Carpet backing coming off

39 posts in this topic

Old carpet still in great shape on my 04' Sunesta 254, except some sections the rubber backing is flaking off. Has anyone every re-sprayed the backing? Or just shell out the deer for new?

Old carpet still in great shape on my 04' Sunesta 254, except some sections the rubber backing is flaking off. Has anyone every re-sprayed the backing? Or just shell out the deer for new?

OTHERS HAVE ASKED THE SAME QUESTION AND THE ANSWER IS SIMPLE

LIQRUBBER002.jpg

WORKS LIKE A CHARM. DO TWO COATS AND FAIRLY THICK. IT'S LATEX SO EASY TO WORK WITH

Good stuff! Mine is starting to peel and the Admiral doesn't want to shoot another herd for PlastiTeak in the entire cockpit just yet...

OTHERS HAVE ASKED THE SAME QUESTION AND THE ANSWER IS SIMPLE

LIQRUBBER002.jpg

WORKS LIKE A CHARM. DO TWO COATS AND FAIRLY THICK. IT'S LATEX SO EASY TO WORK WITH

Where can you purchase this stuff?

Our Pleasure,

I think I posted this on the other topic too but since doing this have you had any issue with the carpet leaving the black spots on the floor? Mine isn’t falling apart but when I take it up it looks like someone sprinkled pepper all over the floor where the carpet was. It’s not a huge deal but over time a little coming off adds up to a lot. Plus If I end up leaving the carpet out for the day I end up on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor because it looks dirty.

Thanks,

Jason

I have tried several times to find this product on the "Industrial Plastics and Paints" web site without success.

Can you please provide the link to this product?

Did you purchase the product directly from the manufacturer?

Thanks,

-Dave

THIS STUFF WILL PUT A LAYER OF RUBBER OVER THE ENTIRE BASE AND BOND ALL THE BLACK PARTICLES TOGETHER. IT REMAINS FLEXIBLE AND DOES NOT SLIDE AROUND. (ALMOST DON'T NEED SNAPS) SHOULD EXTEND THE LIFE OF THE CARPET FOR YEARS. I WAS IN VEGAS A MONTH AGO AND WAS TEMPTED TO BRING THE JUG DOWN FOR ANOTHER CHAP OWNER WITH THE SAME PROBLEM. JUST NO WAY TO GET IT ACROSS THE BORDER. I ONLY USED 1/4TH OF THE JUG FOR ALL THE CARPET IN A 37'

I JUST LOOKED ON THEIR WEDSITE AND I COULD NOT FIND IT. WILL DROP BY THEIR STORE AND ASK THEM ABOUT IT

I have tried several times to find this product on the "Industrial Plastics and Paints" web site without success.

Can you please provide the link to this product?

Did you purchase the product directly from the manufacturer?

Thanks,

-Dave

I have tried to find it as well. Internet searches, EBay, etc. Best I can tell is it is a Canadian Mfg. and it isn't, available in the states. I finally decided to try Plasticoat spray, available everywhere and recommended in another thread. My small test looks pretty good but it won't really get tested until spring.

Speaking of Carpet...........Have you all noticed how freaking HOT that carpet gets in the summer? Can't even walk on it ! Is there a fix for that ! ! !

Our Pleasure: I too looked all thru their site and was unable to find it. Is the product clear or black? And thanks for stopping by their store, as you can see if one Chap has the issue more will follow. That's what makes sites like this so helpful in finding fixes. By the way nice ride...!

Our Pleasure: I too looked all thru their site and was unable to find it. Is the product clear or black? And thanks for stopping by their store, as you can see if one Chap has the issue more will follow. That's what makes sites like this so helpful in finding fixes. By the way nice ride...!

WENT TO IND. PLASTICS AND THEY THINK IT MAY ONLY BE AVAILABLE IN CANADA AS IT IS CANADIAN MADE. YOU COULD ORDER IT OFF AN IND. PLASTICS WEBSITE IN CANADA. THEY SELL A LOT OF THE STUFF TO BOATERS BECAUSE ANYTHING YOU COAT BECOMES NON SKID. LOTS OF APPLICATIONS I CAN THINK OF.

Does anyone know of another product that will do the job..........hopefully one you can get in the US?? :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

WENT TO IND. PLASTICS AND THEY THINK IT MAY ONLY BE AVAILABLE IN CANADA AS IT IS CANADIAN MADE. YOU COULD ORDER IT OFF AN IND. PLASTICS WEBSITE IN CANADA. THEY SELL A LOT OF THE STUFF TO BOATERS BECAUSE ANYTHING YOU COAT BECOMES NON SKID. LOTS OF APPLICATIONS I CAN THINK OF.

Thanks for checking on this. I sent them an Email inquiring about how I can purchase this product. They never bothered to respond back to me. It really sucks that we can't purchase this stuff.

There's got to be a US equivalent to this somewhere. I'm starting to see the same problem with mine and the "dust" everywhere is driving my OCD nuts.

If we can't find something equivalent down here, perhaps we could arrange a covert drop off on the water in the Great Lakes :pirate:

I could be totally wrong but I thought Canada’s EPA laws were more strict than the US… If that is true why would this product only be available in Canada??? Just not sure I see the reasoning here…. Supply and Demand?

Bought 3 can of "Flex Seal" liquid rubber sealant coating (as seen on TV) carpet center near me said it works great as a non-slip coating on carpets for them. Will try it on a small section next week and see how it does. A lot less risky than a covert drop on the Great Lakes...! Like to hold on to my boat. Will post next week, results. 10oz. Spray can covers 2-12 square ft.

My carpet is doing the same thing, so I am also interested in this product or something like it. It has to be available somewhere...

There was another forum member that used that. as I recall, it stuck to the floor.

THIS DOES NOT STICK TO THE FLOOR AND DOES A GREAT JOB.

IT'S MADE IN CANADA AND PERHAPS THEY CAN'T SHIP ANYTHING TOXIC ACROSS THE BORDER