SimcoeChap

How are your water levels

Well do not expect the Saint Lawrence River power plants, boat locks, or dams to slow down the draining of the lakes.

Even if the water level goes below the mandatory lowest levels. Last fall freighters were dragging bottom in 2 places.

They can still release water if they see fit.

I was watching ABC news last night. They reported that the Mississippi [sp] River is 10 feet below what it was during the summer. The Army Corp is dredging to keep barge traffic moving. It was also said that the River [or parts of it] will be closed to barge traffic due to the low water level. I told my financial guy to look into railroad stocks as they would likely rise if the River closes.

I live on the Ohio River, and have always been amazed with the engineering required to maintain water levels.

Those guys continuously walk the tight rope with high levels as well as low levels.

They can't please everyone, but in my opinion, they do an amazing job.

Mother Nature is a hard animal to tame.

Anybody in Texas who can give updates on Texoma and Lewisville? PK is down, thanks to the BRA opening up the gates to assist others. Seriously, I understand but it makes it hard to know whether this is going to be in the years to come. Please advise.

Not sure about Texoma, but would expect it to be low like all the lakes in Texas. Lewisville is down about 6 1/2 feet right now, we do need some major rain in the area.

we at Texoma are now around 6' low.

But rain on the forecast....

Jim and Michelle,

Another dealer may have been using photos of your boat in his ad for a local cruiser sale. Please contact me if you have interest (unless you have had your boat up for sale). I am almost sure that the photo above was used in the individual's marketing material.