Al Di Gangi

Lake Wallenpaupack PA

145 posts in this topic

:beer-7687-1: There are at least 2 of us on this forum. What boat are you getting? Will you keep it in a slip? I'm in Walts Landing up towards the dam. Welcome!!

Hey i'm at Sandy Shore near Capri. Have a Bennington poontoon now but plan on swapping up to 264 Sunest, Hopefully soon. Capri has 2 new ones (2011) instock!

Cool!! I like the 264, nice boat! We usually raft up down in the Indian Rocks cove with another Chap Signature so stop on down!!

I boated on teh 'Pack lots when I had my boat. I am looking at mid-size cruisers now, so probably wont get back to the Pack unless my brother gets a fishing boat. I live in Allentown, BTW and am new to this board. Been lurking here because I love Chaps.

My favorite day on the Pack, BTW is to fish the creek west of Ledgedale in the morning, cruise to the Dam to watch the ramp follies, Boat House for lunch and then an afternoon behing Kairns island and back to Ironwood to have a cookout.

My favorite day on the Pack, BTW is to fish the creek west of Ledgedale in the morning, cruise to the Dam to watch the ramp follies, Boat House for lunch and then an afternoon behing Kairns island and back to Ironwood to have a cookout.

I'm new to the Pack about 2 years ago. I grew up boating on the Delaware River and the Jersey Shore. Won't be going up in size cause most of the marinas can't accomodate anything bigger than 26'.

Hi Al - I just found this post (don't look at the area specific section often). I'm the other Lake Wally boater. Welcome! LOVE the 264. We have a vintage Chappy but I have my eye on the 244 or the 264 for the next one in who knows what time frame. I'm down at Ledgedale. Maybe we can get a raft up going.

Enjoy the new boat!

Welcome! I'm new here too but will have my chap up there next season as well. Bought a 260 sig at the end of the season and plan to keep it there. Haven't picked a marina yet but heard good things about stirling. Any recommendations?

I recommend Walts Landing. Its one of 2 in a cove so you don't get slammed around. Sterling is on the main lake. Gets rough on the wknds.

Me and a buddy with his 240 Signature are back to back in Walt's Marina. If you call them, ask to be next to us!

The other "issue" with Sterling is if you slip there, you're required to winter store there and they also have some other goofy rules. Sounds like we're getting quite the collection of 'Paupackers :)

The other "issue" with Sterling is if you slip there, you're required to winter store there and they also have some other goofy rules. Sounds like we're getting quite the collection of 'Paupackers :)

Yeah, that's right. I forgot about that with Sterling! Ledgedale Marina is nice too but it's tough to get in there. There's a waiting list. But I'm happy at Walt's Landing and they keep an eye on your boat for you.

Monkey Ill keep that in mind. Ill give them a call closer to spring. Thanks for the heads up!

I don't know much about their docks since I haven't been on them in many years. Ship store is well stocked and I know the owners. Always been very helpful any time I've been in there (just don't like that driveway! :) )

Never heard anything bad other than they are on one of the roughest spots of the lake. Docks are decent. I slipped there for a wknd a few yrs ago. Hard to walk down the dock on a wknd. But other than the 2 I mentioned, every other marina is on the main lake where it gets rough. The bad part of the "Pack"!

Good to know. Yeah that slope is very nice. I enjoyed the ramp the first trip. New to lake. Picked them solely on their phone etiquette. I am looking forward to checking out the others this coming season. Already had some minor hiccups with their service. Thanks

Good to know. Yeah that slope is very nice. I enjoyed the ramp the first trip. New to lake. Picked them solely on their phone etiquette. I am looking forward to checking out the others this coming season. Already had some minor hiccups with their service. Thanks

Good luck finding good service at any of the Marinas on the lake. I have tried a few and was not happy with any! The Boat Shop put Volvo oil in my Merc drive (not the recommended fluid) so I had to redo it. 1st Klas screwed up my trailer brakes and they had to be completely redone. Capri just flat out won't call me back when I try to schedule an appt. However, I will try 24-7 Innovations next time I need anything. Not on the water but right down the road. They are really nice there and they fixed my gelcoat flawlessly.