Al Di Gangi

Lake Wallenpaupack PA

145 posts in this topic

launched this wknd. Be aware, there is quite a bit of debris in the lake this year. I got a pc. of wood wedged under my outdrive. Had to pull the boat back out to remove it!!

launched this wknd. Be aware, there is quite a bit of debris in the lake this year. I got a pc. of wood wedged under my outdrive. Had to pull the boat back out to remove it!!

Hope it didn't do much damage. I'll be up there this weekend, 16th or 17th. Which ever day is nicer. Shakedown cruise. Hope all that debris is gone by then. Thanks.

Fortunately no damage done. But it was keeping my drive from going down so I had to pull it to figure out the problem. Other than that, it was a good shake down run

heck yeah!! Surface temps were in the mid to high 60s but stick your leg down a bit and it's cold!!

Towing our 257 SSX to lake Norman in NC from CT and was thinking of stopping and spending half a day exploring Wallenpaupack. Any advise? Easy on and off ramps from rt. 84? It will be on Thursday July 21st 2016. Suggestions would be great!

if you get off Rt. 84 at exit 46 I believe it is, take Route 6 west to the North end of the lake.  Follow Rt 6 till your see a left turn for Route 590, you'll see Wallenpaupack Sports Shop on the right.  Take 590 for a short distance, you'll pass the dam and an overlook and turn left at the State Park Launch.  I believe it's called Mangan Cove.  That is a free ramp and it's a good wide ramp with easy in/out.  The lake is about 13 miles long.  When you leave to get back on 84, you'll want to go back the way you came in but bear right onto 507 and that'll take you back to 84.  If you want to stop for a bite to eat, the Boathouse is on the right side as you get on 507.  Enjoy!

You're coming the same time I'm leaving for Smith Mountain Lake.  I typically take my boat to Lake Norman but decided to try a new lake this year.  Maybe I'll see you on route 81!:)

Thanks MonkeySeall, that's is great info! Can't believe your headed to Smith Mountain Lake! We've gone ther the last 5 years! Great Lake! 50th anniversary of Smith Mountain This year. I love it there. Some great restaurants and entertainment on the lake. I've been second guessing decision to go to Norman. I love SML. Hope you have a great vacation. How long you gonna be there? Might be stopping at SML for a few days after Norman.

that's too funny!  We have been going to Norman for the last 5 years and absolutely love it there.  But this year we decided to try SML and I'm second guessing myself!  You'll love Norman, it's huge and there is lots of good places on the lake as well.  If you want a good dive bar with good bar food, check out the Landing at the Lake Norman Hotel.  We'll be at SML from the 23-30.  

Hey Monkey Seall how was Smith Mountain. We had a great time at Norman but will likely return to SML next year. Had a good meal at the landing! Thanks for the recommendation, little tricky to find at first. Thanks for the advise on the Wallenpaupack boat launch we stopped and checked out the lake - beautiful! You must enjoy your time there as well. 

Hey Greg, glad you enjoyed Lake Norman.  Too funny, we will probably head back there next year.  SML was a nice lake but we didn't like how rural the area is and how difficult it is to get to the lake.  And unfortunately, my boat didn't make the trip due to some trailer issues so my opinion is a bit skewed.  I blew 4 tires and had to leave it at a repair shop to try to diagnose the issue.  Which they weren't able to do!!  So we rented a pontoon boat but all they had was 50 hp which is painfully slow!  So we weren't able to fully appreciate the lake.  However the temperature and water clarity are amazing.  We did enjoy swimming and just floating.

I put my boat back in Lake Wallenpaupack this wknd so I could enjoy my boat a little before the rains came

I can't believe the season has come to an end already!!  Seemed like such a short one this year.  Spring was cold & crappy so it was a late start.  The lake level is so low now it's crazy!!

Yep it stinks. We are taking ours out this week but from Ironwood since the Ledgedale ramp isn't so hot in low water and not worth the hassle. Also, be on the lookout for a PM from me, I was just looking at some Lake Norman stuff and figured I'd drop you a note for ideas.

7 hours ago, MonkeySeaII said:

Just saw that 1st Klas Marina is now selling Donzi and Baja.  It'll be cool to see some new hot rods on the lake!

:slap:

3 hours ago, MonkeySeaII said:

I love go fast boats!  If I didn't have a wife and 2 kids I'd have a Cigarette 42

Ditto. Mine would be docked next to yours.

Just got word out docks are going in the end of April. Woodland Hills are in and Lighthouse Harbor have started. Perfect, we'll be up the last weekend in April!