AquaTherapy

Engine Starts, but no accessories work (not even blower)

I searched the site, but was unable to find an answer to my issue. I purchased a 2007 256 SSX and brought it home yesterday. When I got it home, I tried to raise the engine hatch, but nothing. I tried every other accessory and light and nothing works, however I am able to turn the key, get the beep, and even start the engine. But still no power to any accessories or electrical functions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I searched the site, but was unable to find an answer to my issue. I purchased a 2007 256 SSX and brought it home yesterday. When I got it home, I tried to raise the engine hatch, but nothing. I tried every other accessory and light and nothing works, however I am able to turn the key, get the beep, and even start the engine. But still no power to any accessories or electrical functions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Not sure, but my guess is that you have 2 batteries.

One for starting the engine, and one for everything else.

I'd check the second battery.

Thanks Chris! It turns out the tiny black lever under the main DC breaker was down. Pushed it back up and everything came back.

Aqua Therapy: First of all, welcome to the forum and to Chaparral. Second: Glad you got your problem fixed so easily. Third: You said you brought your boat home and were able to start the engine. Please say that you had muffs on your drive and water flowing! Otherwise, plan on replacing your water pump impeller now. Even running the engine for a few seconds without water will burn up the impeller. Hy

Thank you, Professor. I certainly did have the muffs on and water flowing. Thanks for the information and concern! I also should have said, I was able to 'turn the engine over and not actually start it, but either way, the impeller does need water!