beauford54

Suggestions for Fuel and Engine Additives?

30 posts in this topic

I was told to always use Starbrite or similar fuel additive at each fill-up to prevent the whole water in the fuel thing thanks to ethanol. However, do any of you use or recommend any other additives?

Someone mentioned using Sea Form fuel additive after de-winterizing. I've also seen something called Tufoil that gets added to the oil to help keep the engine efficient and last longer.

Any opinions out there if any of these things work or are just a gimmick?

Thanks!

Kindly be advised that I have been using Marvel Mystery Oil in the fuel of all my vehicles for years. ---- (Four Ounces of MMO to every ten gallons of fuel.) ---- This additive has been on the market for years! ----- You are going to read different opinions on this subject! ----- It is a "hot issue" in the boating / automotive world! ----- The choice is yours! ---- On the "engine oil" side of the issue, ---- I would only use only MerCruiser oil as listed in the service manual, together with a MerCruiser oil filter. ----- (Quality Oil and Filters are cheap, ---- engines are expensive!) ------ Best regards!

Another option for those (and I do this when I go to every lake) 90% of the marina's (that I have seen) don't sell gas with ethanol. I generally try to buy 50 % marina fuel/ 50% land fuel (however I will go through a full tank in about 1 month) to lessen the ethanol affect. Add stable at year end with a half tank.

I have been doing this for about 6 years with all my boats and haven't had any issues.

[EDIT] I don't touch engine oil, I leave that to the dealer! (sorry I am a computer guy)

I think I have about a 56 gallon tank. It will probably go 4 to 6 weeks per fill up, so I like delaney and the admiral's thought that it's cheap insurance to use stabil. Guess I'll do the seaform a few times and the stabil most of the time.

Thanks everyone!

Hey that almost looks like 3 mile bay your anchored up in.

O K

Fear sells.

I am 75 & have never used any additives. Garden equipment, Boats, Plane, Cars, Generators, Gasoline stored in a 300 gallon tank for over 8 years in N J. Ethanol ONLY in N J...........

Never had a problem .

Fear sells.

You get a bad load of gasoline from a distributor ? You will be scarred for life.

Using them still does not STOP OR CORRECT the bad load of gasoline.

I know of only 3 or 4 times that gas stations sold engine destroying gasoline. The companies made good on replacement parts.

Reminds me of using lead bullets to stop a burgler in your house.

Lead ? Use Teflon bullets. No. Armor piercing or exploding would be better ?

Know when to be suspicious.

I was told to always use Starbrite or similar fuel additive at each fill-up to prevent the whole water in the fuel thing thanks to ethanol. However, do any of you use or recommend any other additives?

Someone mentioned using Sea Form fuel

additive after de-winterizing. I've also seen something called Tufoil that gets added to the oil to help keep the engine efficient and last longer.

Thanks!

Someone mentioned using Sea Form fuel additive after

de-winterizing. I've also seen something called Tufoil that gets added to the oil to help keep the engine efficient and last longer.

Thanks!

I would love to own a boat, use to ski and I miss it a lot. I just love ride around the lake and enjoying the great outdoors