rzrbckchap

SeaDek Template - 2008 276 SSX

For those 276 or 287 SSX owners who might be interested in having a SeaDek swim platform pad installed.

I just received my CAD template back from SeaDek. I have attached the drawing and the template details are:

Boat Model: 2008 Chaparral 276 SSX

DBA KIT P/N: 12783

Drawing: M-CHA-12783

Note: SeaDek can send you a Dry Fit template so that you may test the template against your platform. I am currently awaiting my dry fit template and I will post pic's once I have it installed.

rzrbckchap

2008 276 SSX SeaDek Template.pdf

rzrbckchap: How did all of your gelcoat repairs turn out ??

Just curious.

Good question - It's still in the shop, I "SHOULD" have it by the end of this week. I will post some before and after picks once I have it in hand.

The Fiberglass shop is in high demand, and there have been excuses of all kinds... Patience is a virtue and with that being said - We can all agree that getting pushy with a guy who's cleaning/fixing up your boat isn't a good idea.

Corey,

Great minds think alike. I just sent seadek a message before I scrolled down to your post. If we can get 10 orders together we'll get a discount.

Corey,

Great minds think alike. I just sent seadek a message before I scrolled down to your post. If we can get 10 orders together we'll get a discount.

Too funny, I had been emailing them today and I had asked about that and they told me that they weren't going to be doing any group buy discounts any time soon..... nice!

Just received the Dry Fit template from SeaDek.

IMG_0332.jpg

Once I have confirmed that it works with my swim pad I will have it mailed off to MRFIXIT.

That looks a bit different from mine. Is that the single thickness? Or is it the two-layer sandwich?

It looks like the single thin layer they're putting on OEM.

Your the man !!! I just ordered the template kit with samples. I want to do the swim platform, as well as the part of the deck that is like the walk through area by the transom door and may even put some up on the bow in the area of the anchor locker hatch ( I ordered three sheets for the kit ) price is refunded if order is placed.........Jim

That looks a bit different from mine. Is that the single thickness? Or is it the two-layer sandwich?

It looks like the single thin layer they're putting on OEM.

That is the Dry Fit template I had them make so that I could verify what I had drawn up actually works. They charge 10 small deer plus shipping. I just have to send an email approval to SeaDek once I am happy with the fit. I am sharing the dry fit template pieces with MRFIXIT, and anyone is welcome to to use them for their 276/287.

@QMDAD

I am thinking about doing the same for the transome walk through section and bow as well. BTW - you will use every bit of those three template kit sheets.

rzrbckchap