Sign in to follow this  
Newb Sig 260

Interesting site at Canyon Lake

Wow, I haven't seen one of those for a while. They built them in the 60s. (Worth a fortune now days if you can find one.)

I live on the Ohio river, and when i was a kid, there was this guy that lived in Ohio but worked in WV so he would drive across the river in the morning and back in the evening.

We used to ride our bikes down to watch him when we were bored. If the current was swift he would really struggle to make it across. (aim north and hit the gas.)

Really neat to see one again; THANKS !

WOW an Amphicar, didn't know there were any still working.

The owner's of our marina have a '64 Amphicar, it's really cool!

The owner's of our marina have a '64 Amphicar, it's really cool!

Seamus..... didn't Lake George have a rally or something for Amphicars a few years ago (6-8) ??? I remember seeing a bunch of them at one time both on Beach Road and out in the south basin.........

Neat.....

It has Indiana registration numbers wonder if he towed a truck out?

Used to be a guy that lived just east of Peterborough (Apsley or Jack Lake) that had all kinds of parts for them and a couple of running ones. That was back in the early 80's though.

Last Summer I saw an amphicar going down the river in Indian River Michigan. Later that day I saw it parked on the side of the road infront of the icecream shop. The car was in great condition. Its great to see some of these still on the road/water.