Sign in to follow this  
Impact

JBL Marine Radio. How to find the Sirius Serial Number

We bought our boat as a repo boat. When we got the boat the sirius radio was working.

Over the winter the service ran out. I want to put the account in my name but I cant get the serial number to display on the

radio so i can register it with sirius. Does anyone know the right buttion sequence to push?

My Boat is a 2004

Thanks Brian & Connie

I ended up having to take the Sirius box off mine that plugs into the radio and get if off the back of it. There is a sticker on it but is covered up when mounted.

Mine is a Clarion, but it may be the same situation.

I try to get the radio to change to channel 1 but it will only go to the preset channel 11. I am not sure how to get the thing to turn to channel 1 by going down one station at a time.

The arrow keys seem to only switch between presets. or scan to live channels? I know its simple but so far it sounds like the best bet is for me to look under the Sirius box on my radar arch.

thanks for the tips.

Brian

Sometimes it's a menu option, hit menu button for about 1 second and scroll through the options or some radios you can hit the menu button for about a second, (I think "menu" will come up on the screen), then press the audio knob and the ESN will come up.

I had that very problem with my Sig 310. have a Clarion radio with Sirius. There should be a menu button that allows you to access the Sirius ESM number. Our boat did not come with manuals so what I did was download manuals for the various systems on board. Was lucky enough to find the manual for the Clarion radio from the Clarion website. Once I got it, I had Sirius in minutes (after I called and spent money on a sub, that is)

All the best for the 2012 season

Man I am putlling my hair out on this one. I tried taking off the sirius transmitter of the radar arch, I undid the bolt holding it but it had one of those rings that once you push them on they dont unscrew.

I really didnt want to ruin the keeper ring in hopes of finding the esn so i went to the JBL head unit and pulled it out. It did have the JBL serial number for the unit on the bottom of the unit but i think that

is different than the sirius esn. I pushed every concevable button combination and I am not able to get the head unit to change stations to station 1 also there is not a button that says menu?

When i use the dial it only adjusts the volume. the left and right arrow keys only switch to preset stations. I know i am missing something simple i just have not needed to change the channel to 1 before.

I may try to buy a replacement unit if I can find one that has 2 remote key pads like the JBL unit has.

i think what you may have been trying to take off was the Satelite transmitter itself, there may be a receiver like on mine that the transmitter plugs into then the receiver plugs into the stereo.

Hope this helps

Try channel 184. That's the channel that ours had to be on to set up Sirius. I believe the serial number came up.

Having the same problem as above with Jbl mr-17. Looked up manual online and pressed to combination indicated and it is just throwing it to AUX. the Sirius seems to be stuck on channel 181 and tuning doesn't change it. Any insight on how to get the Sirius ID? I am not sure where to find the receiver that was mentioned above.

Try unplugging the remotes from the back of the radio. If they are bad you can't use the turner for the Sirus.