xbcparamedic

Boat fire.

My old faithfull maxum burned up in my driveway yesterday. Nobody hurt and sounds like insurance will be ok. Nobody hurt and insurace is already helping me out. Will post pics when i can.

Oh man... What a heartbreaker. Sorry for your loss... But so glad no one was on board. I've run some pretty nasty boat fires where people were blown OUT of the boat.

Here's a tip: don't always assume the blower will take care of your bilge fumes. Mud daubers had clogged up the exhaust hoses on this one particular boat, and the captain failed to raise the engine cover while firing the engine fresh out of lay up. The transom exploded with him, his wife, and daughter IN the boat. Everyone bailed, no one hurt. Boat a total loss.

At least you still have your chap.

So the fire investigator seems to think that left over fuel 9in the carb ignited from leftover heat off the manifold. He sid it's a guess as there isn't much left. I have pics, but have to resize them first before posting.

Did you take lessons from Billy for cooking onboard ??

brick

OMG, thank God nobody was hurt! I hope that your home wasn't damaged! Best of luck to you and again, thankful that nobody was hurt.

HOw do I upload more pics???

The trick for uplloading pictures is to use another site to store the pictures and then using the link paste in the test of the post. Read through this thread to learn more about how to do so.

Boy bet the boys had the Adrenaline in overdrive when they saw that header........

3 fire trucks and a dozen firefighters took about 20 min to knock it down. Now that doesnt sound very long but here is the math. 3x 2inch hose at 100 psi is a #$^% of a lot of foam and water!! Port coquitlam fire dept ROCKS!!! The chief helped through this whole mess, as he is a boater too!!