Chaparral Web Team

Uploading Pics

76 posts in this topic

Here is the process.

Step 1. Set yourself up with an account at www.photobucket.com. You should open this webpage up in a separate browser window or browser tab.

Step 2. Upload your photos there that you will want to insert into a posting here on this forum. You can select one or many to upload.

Step 3. Select the picture or image that you will want to insert into this forum from photobucket.com using the string in the Direct Link box. Just copy it by highlighting it and pressing [CTRL] C on your keyboard

Step 4. Return to the browser window or tab with this forum in it and the post that you are creating. See the image below (inserted from photobucket) If you hover your mouse over the buttons in this forum, they will pop-up text telling you what they are. You might have to wait almost one second to see the flyover text.insert_image_instructions.jpg

Step 4. Click the button as described in the image above.

Step 5. Paste the link (press [CTRL] K) you copied in step 3 into the new window (see image below) that is on your screen and press OK.

insert_image_instructions2.jpg

Step 6. The image you just inserted will now be showing in the forum reply window.

Step 7. Repeat for additional photos or images. You know, wash, rinse, repeat smile.gif

That's it.

Hope this helps.

Does this mean that the forum's gallery feature was decommissioned?

I was using the gallery for forum specific images and it worked until recently.

The upload image script stopped working it seems.

To Chap Web Team: For an individual post in a thread, I can link/embed an image via "http://" from a remote host site. That works. But the GALLERY will not accept any upload... no local files and no "http://" either. Please fix the gallery upload... or send out an official APB that the gallery it is dead -- and then you should probably remove the image filmstrip at the top of the site's homepage.

I will try.

I clicked on ....More reply options. Lower right corner

Then picked a picture from my computer ....Pictures.

This method of loading photos isn't working for me. After I paste the direct link it freezes and nothing happens.

I struggle with this website almost every time I visit. I've been attributing it to my worn out laptop, but all the double posts makes me think it's not just me . . . (preview before posting seems to help me with that one).

I tried - for over an hour using a regular PC and a Mac but I cannot upload pictures into my profile here or into posts. VERY frustrating. I now have a Photobucket account which does me no good. This site could be fun to share things and learn but I cannot seem to get anywhere.

Imagine a photo of a very frustrated guy - since I cannot post one.

SC Pat

Lol, we have all struggled with it, and it is this sites biggest issue, next to duplicate post.

Sounds like you already are set up on photobucket so you are almost there! 😎 When looking at your pic you want to share from photo buckets site, you click the share button. There you will have a list of how you plan to share. Get this 💩 If you are choosing "forum" or "webshare" and copy the link that Photbucket creates, IT WONT WORK HERE, LOL. 😁

What does work is you pick the option to share by e-mail. Yes I typed that correctly. Then copy the link and simply paste it to your post. Do NOT use this forums tools, that crap doesn't work right either. Just paste that e-mail link, above or below your typed message. You will see magic happen instantly. It's crazy simple but counterintuitive. I'm an Old IT guy and it took me a couple of years before I gave a crap enough to figure it out.

I don't even bother with the Gallery, it's useless. They used to let you upload 1 pic as long as it was below 50k (I think) but if you load a second pic I think it just replaced the first. I haven't tried it in years.

Amazingly it works just as posted at the top - never did before! Now I have to work out how to make the image a bit smaller - any ideas? This is me aboard Loobylou in January - well, to be honest I don't remember the exact date!

​Have a nice weekend,

Simon

2013Simonrelaxing50-1.jpg

In Photobucket I always use the "IMG" link under "Share this Photo". Always works great for me in any of the forums I frequent. Just click on the "IMG" link and the screen will indicate "copied", then paste the link in your post here.

P9170066_zpsxedikzud.jpg

Has anyone tried uploading through photobucket then from an iPad. I can't get mine to work. Can get pics onto photobucket but can't upload them from the pad.

On 1/8/2016 at 9:22 PM, mikeofwarr said:

In Photobucket I always use the "IMG" link under "Share this Photo". Always works great for me in any of the forums I frequent. Just click on the "IMG" link and the screen will indicate "copied", then paste the link in your post here.

P9170066_zpsxedikzud.jpg

I do it that way, but the photo doesn't show, only the link to it. if you click on the link, then it opens up the photo. 

Any suggestions?  Denny.

Dunno, this method has been working for me until lately; now I'm getting the dreaded red 'X' . . . so I've been just right clicking my photobucket pic, copy paste.

About as frustrating as Bluetooth . . .