Chaparral Web Team

Uploading Pics

76 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Futzin' said:

Dunno, this method has been working for me until lately; now I'm getting the dreaded red 'X' . . . so I've been just right clicking my photobucket pic, copy paste.

Thanks I will give it a try.  Denny.

http://s935.photobucket.com/user/wink1944/media/Bridge%20View/IMGP4794_zps08e8cd3a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

No, doesn't work for me, as you can see, I still get the url, and you have to open it up.

We can put a man on the moon (47 years ago), but we can't move digital pics around the interweb!  That's progress for ya . . . makes me want to go to the lake.

I get a bunch of options on copying the link in photo bucket, html, direct etc...  I use direct and seems to work however I'm on Android and pretty much us the mobile version exclusively.

When you paste the URL make sure select URL for. "Insert other media" from the drop down in the forum, then paste the URL in there.

IMGP4794_zps08e8cd3a.jpgURL]Here we go.

Well that didn't work either, maybe it is just me.  Denny.

It was me.

Thanks dno349

1 minute ago, Futzin' said:

Always look forward to Denny's pics . . .

Thanks to dn0349, I'll see if I can get you some more.

This forum thrives on photos, don't forget to put in your fair share. 

I've been to Ky. but never on the water, only to Cumberland Falls, but not to the lake. 

I love driving down south, very pretty country side. We are flat landers up here.

However we do have The Great Lakes.  Denny.

My boat on Laurel River Lake, my home base.  Not far from Cumberland Falls.  Did you get to see the moonbow?  We went once, we were fortunate to see it.

photo PICT0567.jpg

a naturally occurring bow of light caused by waterfall spray and moonlight. Only occurs a couple of places in the world

10 hours ago, Futzin' said:

a naturally occurring bow of light caused by waterfall spray and moonlight. Only occurs a couple of places in the world

Cool, being that I haven't seen one in person, maybe I can see if someone put one out there on the net. 

Found a lot of them. Thanks, Denny.

July-4th-Lunar-Rainbow-Zambia.jpg

We seen this when we were up in Mackinaw City, only it was during the day.

IMGP4817_zps3aa63c85.jpg

Not a rainbow, just one bow of white light by moonlight only.  Wrong moon phase or cloudy it will not be present.

1 hour ago, Futzin' said:

Not a rainbow, just one bow of white light by moonlight only.  Wrong moon phase or cloudy it will not be present.

Like this?

Moonbow_-_geograph.org.uk_-_279454.jpg

6 hours ago, Futzin' said:

kinda; apparently it's very difficult to photograph.  Certainly none of my shots turned out.

I found this, you are right, you have to be in the right place at the right time. Thanks for sharing.  Denny.

. In the United States such bows may be seen in relation to various waterfalls including Yosemite National Park, California and Cumberland Falls, near Corbin, Kentucky. Victoria Falls, in Africa on the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe and Plitvice Lakes in Croatia is also widely known for spray moonbows.

3 hours ago, Denny said:

I found this, you are right, you have to be in the right place at the right time. Thanks for sharing.  Denny.

. In the United States such bows may be seen in relation to various waterfalls including Yosemite National Park, California and Cumberland Falls, near Corbin, Kentucky. Victoria Falls, in Africa on the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe and Plitvice Lakes in Croatia is also widely known for spray moonbows.

monthly if the conditions are right.

the conditions are right.

4 hours ago, Denny said:

monthly if the conditions are right.

the conditions are right.

How is a Moonbow Formed?

The light reflected from the Moon creates a faint moonbow when interacting with the mist rising from the waterfall. Sometimes, a colorful arc moonbow can be witnessed when the full Moon is shining above in the sky on a clear cloudless night, allowing a considerable amount of moonlight to be diffracted off the droplets in the air.

The waterfall provides the medium against which the light reflected off the moon will interact in order to produce a moonbow. The best way to observe a moonbow is to situate yourself between the medium (mist) and the Moon with the full Moon behind you.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 9:48 PM, Denny said:

I do it that way, but the photo doesn't show, only the link to it. if you click on the link, then it opens up the photo. 

Any suggestions?  Denny.

It could be the browser you are using. My Microsoft Surface 2 Notepad, which I'm using right now, will not let me post any Photobucket links. On my home computer I use Chrome mostly and it works great with Photobucket.

2 hours ago, Mi3sons said:

DID I FIGURE IT OUT? BEATS ME.

image_zpsmfpfyovi.jpg

Evidently you did, great pic. dn0349 got me on the right track.

boat_001.jpg

Hit race track looking symbol

hit "insert other media"

copy and past direct link into space

post away