Chaparral Web Team

Uploading Pics

76 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, IndyChap said:

The 2nd one you have is the proper one just I don't know why those {option}  tags show up on so many of the guys posting. 

EDIT: Actually your first link is the best one because it doesn't have the opiton tag just get rid of the 'html' and make sure the link ends only in 'jpg'. But that should happen on it's own when you copy the direct link and just post in in the box I explained.

Let's take the 2nd link you posted because it looks like the direct link off of Photobucket but lets get rid of those image tags and see if it works, also that "Option" thing in the beginning. 

0682efa676ec2798e7b397ef44aa2016_zpsdaxs

Is this the pic you were trying to post with the 2nd link?

So I went to the Photobucket off the link (I hope that was ok) and just "direct copied" the pic.  Then I opened this quote box and the bottom, right corner where it says " insert other media" and that opens 2 options.  Pick the one that say "Insert Image from URL" and another box will open up with a space for you to insert or copy the link directly into it without adding any additional and unnecessary stuff like that 'Option' or image tags and the pic immediately posts.  Here it is again. 

Nice boat with that sharp bow.  Interesting you chain the boat all the time to the bow eye.  Does everyone do that also?  Great idea just in case the lift fails, the boat doesn't wonder off as long as you have enough slack on the chain.  

Wish we had a covered marina around here so I didn't have to bottom paint the boat or worry about the drive in salt water.

1 hour ago, Hatem said:

Nice boat with that sharp bow.  Interesting you chain the boat all the time to the bow eye.  Does everyone do that also?  Great idea just in case the lift fails, the boat doesn't wonder off as long as you have enough slack on the chain.  

Wish we had a covered marina around here so I didn't have to bottom paint the boat or worry about the drive in salt water.

Its not chain (although it looks like it), its a dock line that just has a bunch of half hitches to take up slack.  Yep just there incase the lift were to loose air pressure and drop (HydroHoist).  

It costs me a lot (have to lease) the lift and slip under cover but worth it.  I live 1mi from the lake and can use the boat a lot.  This season I should brake 900 hours. 

6 hours ago, IndyChap said:

Its not chain (although it looks like it), its a dock line that just has a bunch of half hitches to take up slack.  Yep just there incase the lift were to loose air pressure and drop (HydroHoist).  

It costs me a lot (have to lease) the lift and slip under cover but worth it.  I live 1mi from the lake and can use the boat a lot.  This season I should brake 900 hours. 

It fooled me because it does look like a chain.  I'm getting a few bungee dock lines so my own lines don't get stretched out, especially at the bow.  Relatively cheap: http://www.amazon.com/AIRHEAD-AHDL-4-Bungee-Dockline-Feet/dp/B0012RJTUW?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=pd_luc_rh_sim_03_01_t_img_lh I just need to measure to see what length is best and keep the hull away from rubbing up against the fenders.  The only point I don't have a cleat for one of these lines so boat is never rubbing it starboard bow, where that pressure treated tube is lol unless I mount one on that dang pole LOL! :D

I'll delete the pic after you see it so I don't get accused of plastering the same pics everywhere.  You can find it here: http://forum.chaparralboats.com/index.php?/topic/31955-what-do-you-use-to-protect-your-outdrive-when-slipped/&page=5  I wish my marina would allow a Hydroist of some lift but I can see why they wouldn't allow it - no rooftop protection and we get storms in the summer that can cause all sorts of problems, so they're limiting their own liability which is perfectly understandable.  Plus our 12ft tide swings.  And now I've pi$$ed off Zeus so who knows when he'll show up lmao.  I have a couple gaffs if I see his a$$ I'll gaff him in one of his nostrils! :)  

On April 16, 2016 at 11:03 AM, Hatem said:

So I went to the Photobucket off the link (I hope that was ok) and just "direct copied" the pic.  Then I opened this quote box and the bottom, right corner where it says " insert other media" and that opens 2 options.  Pick the one that say "Insert Image from URL" and another box will open up with a space for you to insert or copy the link directly into it without adding any additional and unnecessary stuff like that 'Option' or image tags and the pic immediately posts.  Here it is again. 

Thanks for your info on posting pics, your way is the only way I could figure it out. P.s. I know you said your screen name stood for something just wondered what it meant.

21 hours ago, Mi3sons said:

Thanks for your info on posting pics, your way is the only way I could figure it out. P.s. I know you said your screen name stood for something just wondered what it meant.

I'm glad it worked out for you.  Thanks for the acknowledgment.  That is my first name, it's Egyptian and really doesn't have any meaning except it's associated with a famous fellow during the early days of the Books who was very wealthy but also very generous and would donate to any charity and people to help them out to the point where he ended up like them because he made it his mission in life to give all his wealth to those who needed help. :)

3 hours ago, Hatem said:

I'm glad it worked out for you.  Thanks for the acknowledgment.  That is my first name, it's Egyptian and really doesn't have any meaning except it's associated with a famous fellow during the early days of the Books who was very wealthy but also very generous and would donate to any charity and people to help them out to the point where he ended up like them because he made it his mission in life to give all his wealth to those who needed help. :)

I can definatly appreciate that. Thanks again.

20160611_152504%20copy.jpg.html?o=220160611_152504%20copy.jpg.20160611_152504%20copy.jpg.html20160611_152504%20copy.jpg20160611_152504%20copy.jpg20160611_152504%20copy.jpg

I can't get it to work.  I have tried copying the URL into the insert other media tab below with no luck.  I just keep getting that question mark symbol.  

Edited:  Never mind, I've figured it out.  Copied the direct link into the insert image from the URL.  

How about Chap upgrade their website to accept photographs?  It's 2017 and this site probably sells more boats than your dealers.  Just a thought.  

Prolly about as likely as something actually happening in the "Contests" section!   :unsure:

On 4/3/2017 at 7:07 PM, NEMMAS03 said:

How about Chap upgrade their website to accept photographs?  It's 2017 and this site probably sells more boats than your dealers.  Just a thought.  

Yeh, I second that.  Most archaic site regarding adding pictures I am a member of.