Sign in to follow this  
awake

Warranty Problems

Looking for some advice from someone that may have had this issue. I purchased a boat and then moved to another state. The boat is only a year old and the shifter is not working. Boat wont go into reverse when you shift into reverse it acts like its in neutral and just revs up. I called the local dealership and they all but told me they did not work on the volvo penta and only sold merc products and so they could not help. I would think given my warranty is with Chaparral they are responsible for fixing it one way or the other. Any suggestions???

Your Volvo Penta is warranted by VP, not Chaparral. Find a VP dealer, and they can handle.

brick

Chap warranties the hull and bolt on components. The power plant and drive are warranted by their manufacturers.

Any dealer that services Volvo can do the work. I doesn't have to be a Chaparral dealer. Doesn't even have to be a dealer, just a Volvo certified shop can and will do the work.

Looking for some advice from someone that may have had this issue. I purchased a boat and then moved to another state. The boat is only a year old and the shifter is not working. Boat wont go into reverse when you shift into reverse it acts like its in neutral and just revs up. I called the local dealership and they all but told me they did not work on the volvo penta and only sold merc products and so they could not help. I would think given my warranty is with Chaparral they are responsible for fixing it one way or the other. Any suggestions???

Any VOLVO dealer can and must handle warranty repairs. They don't have to be a Chaparral dealer. If they refuse, they risk there dealership certification from Volvo.

W