Sign in to follow this  
brayday

Courtesy Lights - Switch to LED EASY

All,

I have 3 courtesy lights on my 235 ssi (these are the ones mounted inside the boat that light up the walls/floor of the boat). Anyway when we go to bed we turn these off. ( I do not have shore power). They are nice to have because it produces a little light to see when your walking around.

So I said well I will switch to LED that way I can leave them on and they won't drain any power. So I started donig research. I found replacement lights (housing and everything) from 7-25 bucks.

Anyway I kept digging around and bought the below blue LED lights. I only paid 50 cent a bulb. They replaced the old bulb.

First time we will get to use them tonight for a long period, I will try to grab a picture.

But thought I would share, was a easy quick fix, and heck the BLUE led's are cool looking

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190671182260?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

All,

I have 3 courtesy lights on my 235 ssi (these are the ones mounted inside the boat that light up the walls/floor of the boat). Anyway when we go to bed we turn these off. ( I do not have shore power). They are nice to have because it produces a little light to see when your walking around.

So I said well I will switch to LED that way I can leave them on and they won't drain any power. So I started donig research. I found replacement lights (housing and everything) from 7-25 bucks.

Anyway I kept digging around and bought the below blue LED lights. I only paid 50 cent a bulb. They replaced the old bulb.

First time we will get to use them tonight for a long period, I will try to grab a picture.

But thought I would share, was a easy quick fix, and heck the BLUE led's are cool looking

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190671182260?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

how did you make out with this ?

I replaced my courtesy lights bulbs with Dr LED 31mm Festoon bulbs (which is what my 2330 SS uses in courtesy lights) from West Marine. They work great, putting out more light than the original bulbs and using less than 1 watt each.

I'm sure you can find cheaper ones online, but for instant gratification you can get these in the store.

If you know the type of bulb you can find a replacement LED for it. One site to search is superbriteleds.com. On my 330 they used LED lights for the court lights, but for those on the arch I found some that were 2 color. When first turned on they are blue, but if you want more light you cycle the power and they turn white.