Sign in to follow this  
DarylP123

No voltage to ignition switch

While installing new fuel guage I accidentally created a short (saw a spark close to rear of fuel guage). Now I have no voltage to ignition or instruments. I do have voltage to all other accessories. 2005 210 SSI with 4.3 GL. Checked circuit breaker for ignition, no voltage leading to it. Wiring diagram shows two fuses, 40a for instruments and 7.5a for ignition; can't locate either of these. Any ideas what I should look for?

The 40A should be on the front right area of your motor, near the main harness plug.. It's usually a re-settable circuit breaker. The 7.5A is a fuse which would either be in an in-line holder behind the switch/under the dash or a small fuse on the main fuse panel, which is probably under the dash as well. Hope this helps. Hy

My 234 has a breaker panel behind the helm, in a storage locker. There is a 10 A. breaker labeled "Ignition". Where is your breaker panel ?

While installing new fuel guage I accidentally created a short (saw a spark close to rear of fuel guage). Now I have no voltage to ignition or instruments. I do have voltage to all other accessories. 2005 210 SSI with 4.3 GL. Checked circuit breaker for ignition, no voltage leading to it. Wiring diagram shows two fuses, 40a for instruments and 7.5a for ignition; can't locate either of these. Any ideas what I should look for?

Now you know why they tell you to disconnect the battery first. Playing with electrical issues on boats can never be any fun. I think we have all been there a time or two.

Are you reading your diagram correct? 40 amp for instruments must be wrong. Maybe the other way around.