How do you rank boat manufacturers ???

2 hours ago, Cycleman07 said:

The only boat i would trade my Chap for is a Formula 350CBR, or Formula 400SS.  I have a buddy that has a Cobalt R7 which is fairly comparable size wise to my 284...we have both been on each others boats and needless to say, he likes mine better.  Especially since I spent 30 Grand less than he did. 

Formula 350CBR- WOW!  :o

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think there's a point with pleasure boats where enough is enough...Tbh I'm getting close to that point with my 30' Sea Ray. There is no sense paying 1m for a 40' pleasure boat when one that is a few years old and under 100k could do that same thing. If I'm going to have a 40+' boat, it's going to be one made for long ocean passages (like a trawler, sail boat, Hatteras or Bertram type motor yacht, etc.) and live-aboard, not a novelty item. If you have the $, to each his own, but talk about a waste of coin...If that's the type of boat one wants, a newer 330, 350, or 370 SS could be had for 50-200k.

9 hours ago, Futzin' said:

It's all relative, folks.

Yes.  The person who is going to own that 1M Formula will more than likely own his own jet, several exotic cars, several houses, probably other boats.

For him, it will be a minor purchase and the price of ownership will be pretty insignificant.

At what point does having a lot of money become more than enough.  I don't want a mansion.  I don't want a 180 foot yacht. I don't want a private jet.  I just want a nice boat in a warm location and no responsibilities to worry about but sitting on it all year drinking beer.  :-)

init6

I hope you get to that point. I have.

I put the stand up high, 7'  Bimini top on the 16 ' boat.   Drop anchor. Fish or watch others zipping around. Smile.  Go in & offer to take small kids away from the dock so they feel adult like. 100' feet away from the dock.

Life is good.

3 hours ago, init6 said:

At what point does having a lot of money become more than enough.  I don't want a mansion.  I don't want a 180 foot yacht. I don't want a private jet.  I just want a nice boat in a warm location and no responsibilities to worry about but sitting on it all year drinking beer.  :-)

I would punch that ticket right now.

4 hours ago, init6 said:

Slacker!   :beer-7687-1: