castle285ssx

285SSX Question

Curious question about my 285SSX. Dealer has been great, did a real short familiarization, doing the full thing next year. In the meantime though I was wondering what I can/can’t run off of battery power. The radio works for sure, but would the TV, microwave, refrigerator, and AC run or does those require shore power?

TV and Fridge should be 12V/120V. Air, and microwave are 120V only and would need shore power or generator.

Hi and welcome to the 285SSX club :-) On my 285 SSX , my fridge is hooked up to both 12VDC as well as 120AC. Microwave is strictly 120AC. My TV however was only 120AC and that was the stupidest thing ever. The speaker grilles on either side of the TV pop out and on the port side you can access the wiring to the DVD player as well as the TV. Actually I think I took my TV down as well. Anyways , as the TV is also 12VDC/ 120VAC compatible, I rewired it to use 12VDC. Now when we are out at Anchor we can watch movies. My best tip to you is to go over the entire boat this winter and double check all factory wiring. Enjoy your new boat!

I will check the wiring out over the winter. I am thinking the same, would be nice to be able to watch a movie at Anchor, just makes sense. Allot of stuff to learn, I am used to the simple 18 ft ski boots I grew up with in Texas, not near as complicated or as fun.