Sign in to follow this  
Whalersailor

Snow Totals?

So how much snow did those who were affected get during the Feb 8-9 northeaster storm ? We got a whooping 1/4 inch here in SE Pennsylvania. I am preparing to go dig myself out, I just have to find the broom.

Only got around 6-7 inches - forecast was for 10-16 here. Not so lucky in Connecticut where they got up to 3 feet!

They predicted 3 inches, but surprise! They missed the mark and we only got 1/4". Not complaining mind you, but 3+ inches would have made everything scenic and nice. 12+ inches I could pass on. All you guys digging out, stay safe and stay warm.

Our weather-people got it right for once. Predicted zero and got zero. It was sunny and 60 while friends and family in CT were getting dumped on. My sister said they got almost 3 feet in central CT.

I managed to get outa Dodge before the storm hit. I actually drove in between two storms. The plow guys along the I-90, I-79 took great care of the roads as they were cleared when I came through. The snowfall from the previous storm was a fairly large area. I saw snow on the ground from Buffalo to Roanoke.

I was told that Buffalo got from 7 to 10 inches depending one where you were. I was in Florida keeping warm. But now I'm in Miami sitting in between two cold fronts. Yesterday, I drove from Fort Myers and drove through the first front and sat along the runway in sunny 87 degrees. But buy 8pm, the first front had caught up with me and boy did it rain! The sun is breaking out now and temps are rising but the second cold front is due tomorrow evening sending temps down to the 40's.

I'm actually headed home a day early, to once again, drive between two storms. My uncle keeps telling me not to get caught in the Virginia mountains during a snow storm. I just hope there is some snow back in Buffalo so I can go skiing.

Keep diggin'

Well, the sky is clearing today and starting to warm up so it looks like I'll have some beach time before I leave. But I did speak to my tenant and she told me most of the snow had melted and grass was showing. If you have any snow, send it to Buffalo so I can start x/c skiing when I get there. White sand to white snow. But don't send it to MIA. I think it'll $%&# a lot of people off! haha But its funny, I've never seen any mention of wind chill factor discussed in Miami before. I'm still ahead of the 2nd front but will see it tomorrow morning.

over a foot in Kingston, however due to the high winds some area got more. Our driveway had 2 feet of snow from the wind. I moved snow for 2 days, I do a few other driveways in the neighborhood... Hope all this crazy weather tops up the much needed water in the St-Lawrence.

Here in Medford, Long Island, NY, we got about 2 1/2 feet with drifts up to 4 feet. Thank goodness for the snow blower, though even that had trouble with that much deep snow. They didn't plow our street until Saturday night. I even tried to dig a car-wide path from our house to the cross street, a main avenue. It was a distance of about 200'. It took me about 1/2 hour just to get a 21" path through; I gave up on the idea of digging out the street. Our litlle Shih Tzu/Malteze dog didn't know what to do. She's a rescued dog, originally from Miami, and this was her first snowstorm. I had to clear an area in the backyard so she could do her business. She was totally bewildered and not too happy about the snow. Hy

Well I"m back from my vacation. The snow that is still here is only the leftovers of the big storm. Not enough to x/c ski on. My trip home allowed me to travel between two storms. Sunny on Sunday and Monday. They really dumped tons and tons of salt on the road because even the newest asphalt [black] was white from the Virginia's to Buffalo. But the roads were dry and my car stayed clean.

BTW, I'm not mal-adjusting to being home. It's too cold to ride the bike and not enough snow to x/c ski. I hope Q dumps a few inches on us.