Sign in to follow this  
geiser77

BAHAMAS TRIP JULY - Bimini, Chub Cay, Atlantis and Exumas

Just to throw this out there if anyone else might be interested?? Trip leaves from Bahia Mar in Lauderdale, so you can meet there or join us in Canaveral and head south the day before! We are signed up to do this trip with the Bahamas Fling group, itenerary is as follows:

July

10 - 21

Bimini/Chub Cay/Nassau/Staniel Cay Exuma, (Extended) - click here to register

Captain's meeting is held on Wednesday evening, fling departs on Thursday morning.

9 Leave Canaveral and overnight in West Palm or Jupiter

10 Captains Meeting, - Bahia Mar Yachting Center

11 Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina, North Bimini

12 Chub Cay Resort & Marina, Berry Islands

13 - 14 The Marina at Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas

15 - 18 Staniel Cay Yacht Club, Exuma, Bahamas

19 The Marina at Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas

20 - 21 Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina, North Bimini

22 Head back to Canaveral

click here to register

Captain's meeting is held on Wednesday evening, fling departs on Thursday morning.

This is all singed up under the Bahamas FLing and you can check it out on their website for more info if interested. Maybe I'll get a chance to meet some other Chappy owners!

http://www.bahamas.com/webform/9029/boating-flings

Sounds great!

I am not sure we can make it.

I wonder what the distance is between the islands?

My sig 250 is only good for about 70 miles per tank.

Here is the estimated distance between stops, 70 miles is a bit shy of the legs! We can get 250-260 miles to being a bone dry tank, 175 is my max planned trip between stops, leave a little leeway in case of issues or running the Genny on the way!

Wed 10 Captains Meeting, - Bahia Mar Yachting Center

Thu 11 Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina, 50 Miles

Fri 12 Chub Cay Resort & Marina, Berry Islands 80 Miles

Sat/Sun 13 - 14 The Marina at Atlantis, Paradise Island 36 Miles

Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu 15 - 18 Staniel Cay Yacht Club, Exuma 75 Miles

Fri 19 The Marina at Atlantis, Paradise Island, 36 Miles

Sat/Sun 20 - 21 Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina 116 Miles

Thanks for the info.... I could tie on a couple of gas cans....

However we do get better mileage on the Bahama bank than the crossing.

The 80 mile run to Berry would be the concern. But looks like we could do it.

Richard ,with the Bahamas Fling, thinks "no problem".

Thanks again . I am going to see if anyway we can go.

Your trip to the Keys is too soon. I am glad to see someone else who wants to

make good use of their Chap.

I sure try to get some use out of it! Have you ever considered looking at bladder tanks? I know I have room to add another 100 gallon tank in my engine/bilge area. I know I would love to see some other Chaps show up! I've been trying to spark some interest to get owners together for some trips! I keep seeing the Pacific Northwest posting about their rendezvous and I'm jealous, thy have some active members! Would love to see an annual southeast rendezvous get together. Hope you get a chance to make it. If Richard says your ok, you'll be fine! He's done it for quite a while as I understand.

I would definitly like to join the trip to Bimini but the rest of the trip may be to aggrisive for my 28' bow rider. I do have twin 5.7 Volvos dp and 143 gal. tank. I will be making some shorter trips before then and I will make a decision after a few short trips.

Ari

I'm sure this will sound like a really dumb question, but would I be safe to take my 2012 327 ssx Chaparral (bow rider) on this trip?

We took an excursion to an island 1hr 30min on an open bow 35' center console, if you are in a convoy your 327 hull will ride just as nice if not a bit better than the same size cruisers you will be with, assuming you are not crossing in a tropical storm

Hi Folks,

I am new to the owners club here and I boat out of Sarasota Fl. I would love to meet some fellow Chap owners. Are there any trips ever planned on the west coast of florida?

Well, I guess I'll try to post pictures so everyone can see how the trip goes along the way! If anybody signed up to go, let me know!

I am in Harbortown marina.

I am expecting a new 310sig to be splashed next saturday, i have registered for the bahamas bimini trip in july

Nice to hear from someone local that plans to use the boat! I am always taking trips somewhere and always looking for other boats to go. I actually keep the boat in Sykes creek, so just around the corner from Harbortown. We plan trips anywhere from Melbourne harbour, St. Augustine, keys, Carolina's, Abocos, Okeechobee to Ft Myers and anywhere in between. Let me know if your interested, there are always at least two boats going, always up for more!

Hi Folks,

I am new to the owners club here and I boat out of Sarasota Fl. I would love to meet some fellow Chap owners. Are there any trips ever planned on the west coast of florida?

Not that I have seen. You may have to be the trend setter. ;)

I am curious about this. Did you guys go? do you do it annually? Do you crash out on your boats or in the resorts?

The reason I ask is since my first trip to the bahamas I have wanted to drive there. Now I have no plans on taking my little boat and I have very limited experience boating in the ocean. My plan is, if this is an annual thing, to rent an appropriate vessel and joining in something like this. I love the caravan idea and grouping up, safety in numbers thing I guess. I probably have a thousand more questions but not bombard them all right now.

We do a trip somewhere across annually, this year just happened to fall in with another group. We postponed until August due to the last two storms that were coming up through the Caribbean. Next year we are planning the Abacos. We stay on our boats, and occasionally will rent a cottage for a few days just to have somewhere stationary to relax if needed. If you have any questions, just let me know...you can always PM me if you have an abundance of questions.

I do have a bunch but feel like a little reading up and researching might answer a few. I am glad to hear about you guys normally staying on the boats, I don't want to rent something for the week or so and the pay more to sleep somewhere else. I wouldn't mind a day or two but I want to get as much value out of the rental as I can. I told the admiral my plan and she is almost as excited as me, and I am pumped.

The trip was great.

Beautiful weather crossing both way.

Bimini does not really have a lot to offer, but it was fun

We started at Merritt Island and stayed overnight in St Lucie.

Next day we came in from the ocean and hung out at Singer Island in Lake worth.

We took the intercoastal to hillsboro.....huge mistake, the no speed zones on a hot humid day are tough to deal with.

We then went to bahia mar and hung out in a cove named lake sylvia,

We crossed to bimini on thursday and came back sunday.

We snorkled the sapona and hung for a day at honeymoon harbor.

The rays swim right up to you.

The cross back was uneventful other than a storm in lake worth.

Its a small world, there was a guy on the trip that suppied chap with their foam and sewing supplies.