Juliaborja2002

Have a new TOY a Chap H2O 19 2012

10 posts in this topic

I'm very new regarding boats, but I really fell in love with this one and couldn't resist buying it last year in June. It has less than 20 hrs. Went to see lakes Horsetooth, Boyd Lake, and Carter Lake. Because of the drought we couldn't boat much longer. I love this new experience.

May needs right now are to add more hand rails to go up and down the ladder , it's kind of hard for me and my family. Should I go to any hardware store and get them or need to go to my dealer?

When I park my boat in the lake the feel I need to add more cleats so more bumpers can be attached. Or I'm wrong?

The only downside about my Chap is the radio. Try to connect my iPod and couldn't get good sound from it, so I just turn it off and radio alone doesn't have a good sound either. It seems to be a radio defect. Any ideas? Or should I get a new radio. A little upset because was planning to get the tower this Spring with nice speakers. I'm in Northern Colorado area Fort Collins

:thl_speedboat:

Welcome to the club! You sound very passionate about your new found money pit. I think we all are here. Boating is the best recreational activity I've ever found.

• Hand rails: Not a hardware store item. Your dealer may have something to fit the bill depending on what you're looking for. If not available an off the shelf item look on the web at West Marine, Overtons and other boat supply outlets. You have to use something made from a good grade of stainless steel. Look at Taylor Made or just Google boat hardware.
  • Bumpers: I've never needed more that 3 bumpers while docking, launching, ot loading. Usually just use 2. As long as you're not running the risk of hull contact with something that can scratch or damage you should be okay. Water conditions can change this. How you tie off makes a difference too.
  • Radio: I don't see your year, are you still under warranty? Maybe your Chap dealer can help you. I'm not familiar with what brand of head unit Chap installed on your boat. Maybe a trip to a local reputable car stereo shop for a diagnosis would help you. A stereo upgrade is never a bad thing though! Chances are if you want to add speakers you're going to have to be adding an amp at a minimum.
  • Ipod: I've got a Clarion head unit with a 2.5 mm female TRS outlet on it. I connect my Ipod to the head unit using a male/male TRS connector from the head phone jack of the Ipod to the outlet of the head unit. You may have to fully boost the volume on the Ipod before you can hear it on the boat's system.

Goof luck and again welcome.

Mick

Welcome to the forum!

There has been a lot of discussion on here about the H2O radios. Seems that there was several issues with them. I understand that the radio manufacturer has a solution and you Chap dealer should be aware of it. The grab handle is available at West Marine as is fenders and lines to attach etc. Cleats can be added but before you drill any holes in you boat, do a little research on the proper procedure for drilling fiberglass. Make sure you use a backing plate keep in mind that things get snagged on cleats so give placement some thought.

Good luck. We love pictures.

Al

Hi ..... congrats to you on your new boat. We also bought a 2012 19 H20 Sport... have only 18 hours on it from 2012, so we are looking forward to this year of course. Has the red stripe on it, 4.3 l 190 hp..... you are correct about the radio, does not work to well.

Do you have 6 cleats or 4 ? ... the convenience pack adds 2 more to it. The 6 should be ok for around the docks, and as the other person said, to tie them up correctly helps.

Looks like you are looking forward to enjoying it as we are.... good for you !

Congrat and welcome to the Chap Club. I did ordered H2O 19 sport two weeks ago. Today, the dealer call me and let me know that he just receives one similar to my order. The only thing, this one, doesn't have a passenger flip chair and the wheel is not in wood. So now I am thinking twice " do I take it the way it is or wait up to June to receive my order de way I want it"?

Hi Chacephi.... I read above.... you made a wise decision in ordering this boat... we love it, ... if you wait for your order, you may be glad you did since the flip up seats are really nice, and you would miss both being the same. Either way, its a great boat. Which engine did you order for it ?

Ellie H20

Welcome to the Chaparral club! The H20s are very nice. West Marine is my choice for finding those hard to find parts.

My 2012 246 has a Clarion deck installed with a 6 speaker system. To be honest it is probably the best stereo I have ever owned. If you have quality issues with the stereo I would definitely take it to Colorado Boat Center.

Good luck!

Hi Elie thank you for your encouragement. Definitely, I got it the way it is, because in NY we don't have to many months of good weather. Therefore if I wait up to June I will miss for sure a lot of boating time. I get a 4.3 L.

Which fishfinder and navigation system do you recommend? Do yo know a System who can provide both at the same time, it seem to me that the dash is not too big for two separate systems. What do you think?

Chacephi H2O

Hi Elie thank you for your encouragement. Definitely, I got it the way it is, because in NY we don't have to many months of good weather. Therefore if I wait up to June I will miss for sure a lot of boating time. I get a 4.3 L. Which fishfinder and navigation system do you recommend? Do yo know a System who can provide both at the same time, it seem to me that the dash is not too big for two separate systems. What do you think? Chacephi H2O

hi.... we are in Alberta, also a short summer for boating as well....we are not fishing people per se, so did not purchase any fishing equipment and not able to recommend any then. We are hoping to put on a 30-40 hours this summer on our H20. Ellie

Hi Elie thank you for your encouragement. Definitely, I got it the way it is, because in NY we don't have to many months of good weather. Therefore if I wait up to June I will miss for sure a lot of boating time. I get a 4.3 L. Which fishfinder and navigation system do you recommend? Do yo know a System who can provide both at the same time, it seem to me that the dash is not too big for two separate systems. What do you think? Chacephi H2O

When the system becomes available in the US, I would look at a Garmin 537xs or 547xs for a mid to high end unit for a boat of that size with a RAM mount.

Here's a link to what we would recommend a person purchase if they want a good fishfinder/chartplotter unit in Canadian waters. (no pre-loaded base map, so a SD card with a necassary G2 Vision, or standard Vision card would be needed for local boating areas)

NOTE: Garmin 8-pin transducer sold separately.

http://radioworld.ca/gpsmap-527xs-p-11335.html