Who Has The Most Saltwater Hours?

7 years, 350 hours on current boat. Risers changed at 5 years 250 hours. Raw water cooled. I flush thouroughly EVERY time I use the boat, which is year round. It is dry docked indoors. I have only boated in salt water (15+ years), never had a problem. Strict maintenance, flushing, and cleaning are key to longevity for any boat, salt or fresh water... .

A fully closed system is the way to go. If I lived on a lake I would have closed system too if I was plammimg to keep the boat. You only need to change out the risers when needed. With a closed system there really is no need to flush. You risers and heat exchanger may last longer, but your engine & manifold will last forever.

I can't say I have the most, every few years I have been upgrading.

440 hours on my boat. I bought it with 328 hours on the meter but only 2 hours on the rebuilt motor with new risers, fuel pumps. This is my first saltwater boat and I've put 110 hours on it in 10 months, no heat exchanger. Salt away rinse every time and put away on the trailer. Many lobster hooping missions this season running the motor near idle speed for 4-6 hours per outing.

I use Salt Away until the foam exits the exhaust then I shut the motor off.

Not a huge amount here by some standards, but no real issues either. My boat has 300 hours, all salt. Half are by me, half by first owner. Only part ever replaced for corrosion was the oil pan last January, and that was really due to a design flaw from Mercury. Typical use by me is to launch Friday night or Saturday morning and leave in the water through Sunday night when it goes back on the lift and gets a complete flush with muffs and wash out, including the bilge. I use it this way probably 25 times a year, so it does a fair amount of time in the saltwater, whether it's running or docked. (I can't get it on and off the lift at low tide, so it stays in for as long as I might want to use it- that way I'm not stuck waiting for the tide to come in when I want to go).

The previous owner stored it on the trailer. I expect to replace the manifolds and risers in the next couple years, but may get longer if I'm lucky. As of now, they're doing fine.