Jimt

When are NJ boaters launching?

I launched on 3/30 last year but really have mixed emotions due to all the weather anomalies we've seen lately. Like 3-5 inches of snow today!? and when it's not rainy and cold, it's windy as #$^%. My dealer tells me the boat is ready to rock and roll. On the one hand I'm excited, on the other I'm really hesitant. Last thing I need is another Nor'easter a few days after I launch!

When is everyone else launching?

Where did you see 3-5 in of snow. I put the plow on our truck at 9am and scared the snow away. We had a little coating on the grass and my daughter said they nothing up north. We're planning on uncovering in a couple of weeks and splashdown should be may 1st.

We're in DC and also getting antsy. We've had quite a few nice days, but 4 inches of snow yesterday as well (although mostly gone now).

I keep looking at April 20th on my calendar.... and keeping my fingers crossed for nice weather by then!

I launch on 4/20. If it was up to me I would wait another week, but the next date the dealer could give me is 5/4. If the weather is bad on 4/20, I can fall back to 5/4. If I do for 5/4 the next open date he has 5/18 and thats just too late for me. SUCH problems!!!

OHHHHHHHHH let me add, I am from Boston!

I hope to launch last week of April or sooner if the weather warms up. I saw a forecast of below normal for the 1st 2 weeks of April but then a sudden shift to above normal for the last 2 weeks of April thru May. I'm usually always in by end of April!! Let's hope the lake thaws by then too!!

Atlanta-The good old south cannot seem to warm up! This morning in my back yard 28 degrees. Yesterday high was 45. Looks like we will not get warm until mid April!. I think I'll move north where I can warm up!

Atlanta-The good old south cannot seem to warm up! This morning in my back yard 28 degrees. Yesterday high was 45. Looks like we will not get warm until mid April!. I think I'll move north where I can warm up!

Wow, I don't feel so bad then if even the South is cold!

My docks are usually in the water by now, but I've been waiting for nicer weather to launch them. Hopefully, I'll have the boat and the docks floating by mid April. I've already been to the restaurant where mrfixit keeps his boat. There is activity at that marina and the other local marinas.

Sounds like waiting a few weeks is best. There are no signs at any of the local marinas of any life. So putting in now will be sort of depressing being the only boat around. Not to mention, I probably can't get gas anywhere either. There's also a big dredge project going on in the bay and ocean inlet right outside my marina. Dredge pipes all over the place, etc. Anyway, thanks all for the feedback.

Jim,

I was just down in Ventnor this past weekend, and the only boats I saw in the water were the ones that stayed in all winter on lifts. The only moving boats were the crew teams followed by the coaches..

I attempted to launch today near Annapolis, MD. Drove all the way down there, but wind was blowing like crazy, dark clouds and spats of rain popping up. So I got back in my car and drove back home. Shooting for better weather on Monday.