ericcouper

Running wire for tower speakers

Im looking to install tower speakers. Are there any suggestions to run the wire? I have a 216ssi. I would like to keep the wire hidden in the wakeboard tower tubing. My installer said that might not be possible. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I had a radar arch from Atlantic Towers. Which was 1.5" inside the tube. I drilled a 1/3" hole at the top and bottom & used a electricians snake from the top. I tied 8-10" of string to the bottom of the snake and sent it down to the lower hole. I than used a hook made from a paper clip the grab the string. Once I got the string I pulled the snake though. It took over an hour, but I got it done. If the wire is heave enough, you will not even need the snake.

any idea on how to get it past img519 which i included. Also included pictures of the tower. I feel it would get stuff at that point. Everything else seems to be fine. post-21033-0-26419900-1364432543_thumb.jpost-21033-0-32005400-1364432477_thumb.ppost-21033-0-10925700-1364432475_thumb.ppost-21033-0-40964000-1364432472_thumb.j

Drill a hole on the flat face of each side so that the two holes align when assembled. Be sure to thoroughly beburr the holes so that the corners don't chaf the insulation off of your speaker wire. An additional step would be to install a nylon bushing in each hole so that the wire's insulation would only ever contact plastic. Size all holes and bushing accordingly for the OD of your wire.

I plan on using the bushings or grommets as needed. but im finding your instructions a little confusing. You are saying drill straight through the flat part of the picture included (The part with the two black knobs)-->Picture included post-21033-0-86921400-1364466060_thumb.j

Drill a hole on the flat face of each side so that the two holes align when assembled. Be sure to thoroughly beburr the holes so that the corners don't chaf the insulation off of your speaker wire. An additional step would be to install a nylon bushing in each hole so that the wire's insulation would only ever contact plastic. Size all holes and bushing accordingly for the OD of your wire.

Have you CAREFULLY & SLOWLY taken apart that joint ?

Are the tube ends closed off ? If the lower tube is closed off. Could you drill a correct sized hole to pass the speaker wires / cable thru with a RTV glued in place plastic tube to to prevent cable chafing ? Use a small BUT correct wire guage cable in a plastic chafing tube. Leave enough slack cable at 1 end of the cable run so you can seperate the pipe / tubing assembly EASILY if needed for repairs later.

On my New Dimension tower, the speaker wires run inside the tower legs, until they get to a joint, at which point they are external for a few inches. Works great.

brick

On mine, at that joint I ran the cable external of the joint. So the harness comes out of the deck, then in the bottom of the tower up to the joint where the harness comes out of the tower for about 4" then back into the tower to the speakers. If you try to drill through the ends as suggested, you will have a lot of drilling to do, and you have to miss the screws that hold the joint together, and run the risk of weakening the joint.

<br />If I'm intrrpreting the picture correctly it looks as if the the 2 pieces separate at the flat joint line. "Assuming" that the 2 half round sections that the knob goes through are hollow, the 2 pieces would be disassembled and you would carefully layout your hole locations on the 2 flat surfaces so the they align upon re-assembly.<br />You would then fish your wire pulling enough through the first section to insert into the second section and on up to your point of termination. Like Cyclops said, leave enough wire pushed back into the tube(s) for possible service at a later date.<br /><br />All this is based on my interpretation of the picture. I wouldn't know if what I'm suggesting would work without seeing the pieces disassembled and possibly drilling a small pilot hole to fish a small piece of wire through to see what is open inside of the tubular assembly.<br /><br />Hope this helps and doesn't make it more confusing.