WettedBliss

Silver Glen Springs, FL

Anyone out there fans of Silver Glen Springs, FL? For those who boat on the St. John's River, this is a great place. YouTube video of the spring run and a typical summertime crowd is below. Would love to hear from anyone who is a regular... besides us. ;-) Would love to meet you.

:banana2:

Glad you cleared that up. For a moment there I though you were stoned! Great place to boat. moved away from there eons ago.

LOL....... just had a moment of technical challenge. nod, wink

Do you miss it or have you found some equally awesome spots in GA?

I'll be out for memorial day weekend (sat-sun-mon). I rented a slip at Astor Marina.

That is a great place and a great area for boating. I used to go there every Memorial Day weekend and stay in the spring. I stopped in the late 90's / early 00's as the party was getting out of control and some folks got hurt. How is the atmosphere now?

I really enjoyed the St. John's River. I usually launched on Lake Monroe and headed North. I suppose by now, most of the river between Lake Monroe and Lake George is a "No Wake" area because of the Manatee. Probably a long ride now. I haven't been on that body of water since 1987. Sliver Glen was popular back then as well but the area at that time was surrounded by private property and you could not go ashore.

The part of that trip i dreaded most was when the wind picked up on Lake George. It could get nasty in a hurry!.

Here I boat mostly on Lake Lanier. It is a large lake (38000 acres) that is very popular and thus quite crowded. There are several good spots for recreation and beaching if you know the lake. There are plenty of good sized lakes in Georgia that have public ramps but all are land locked, not like the St. John's. Have you taken in the whole river from Jax to Sanford?

Do miss the area but don't miss Florida. I like the seasons, the Mountains etc. Can't afford to live there now.

regards

Lake George gets nasty. It can and will swamp smaller crafts.

Yes its no wake All around blue springs. Otherwise its speed limit of 30.

About that time!

The boat is ready, but dealing with a princess GF that's never done anything like this before is another issue. She doesn't understand the concept of weight, space, and coolers need more than 5 pieces of ice.

Boat handled perfectly with the 220hp v8. Had some good 2+ft wind chop on lake George, didn't slow us down like most everyone else. Boat cruises amazing at 35mph. Only burned 1/3 tank all weekend.

UXqqNhB.jpg
7zvnAvV.jpg
TYcAqi5.jpg
k8Bdo9d.jpg

Sorry for the delayed response, been working my butt off and trying to boat at the Glen on the weekends. Hubby has been on the road every week. Your photos above, those are our purple chairs!! We're the blue Chaparral 270 Signature and we were three doors down from you! Hope to meet you guys the next time. Our boat is currently nameless (was Courvoisier last year) name in progress..... We had a blast Memorial Day weekend. Fired up the new stereo ... all 1200 watts of JL Audio amplifiers... and the new party lights, hung out with old friends and met some new one's - Namely Karen and Robbie that were next to you from Jax. You pictures are awesome and looks like you guys had a great time. Glad Lake George treated you well, it was a very windy weekend this year, but great weather. Looking forward to meeting you!

That is a great place and a great area for boating. I used to go there every Memorial Day weekend and stay in the spring. I stopped in the late 90's / early 00's as the party was getting out of control and some folks got hurt. How is the atmosphere now?

Still a great place. Memorial Day Weekend can get crazy, but the craziness is mostly outside the Glen in the lake. It's more tame in the spring, but great fun and still a party. It's alcohol free, but if you use a proper cup and don't act like a jerk, the police leave you alone and you can bring your family.

I had so much fun! We'll hang out next time.

Exactly, fill drinks in plastic cup inside. No harm, no foul.