geting ready to buy a H2o! cant wait.

First post with the forum. Geting ready to purchace a 19 H2o sport. blue with convience package with bimini top. Already have a list of upgrades i want to do. first will be doing the hatch mod on the port console, i will mount a clarion head unit in the hatch or surface mount it above the hatch, clarion remote to replace the factory junk one, replace the two standard junk speakers with 2 wetsounds speakrs, (more speakers and subs and amps will come later), add more interior led lights, under water led lights. soo much i wana do. cant wait. will be my first boat to own.

First post with the forum. Geting ready to purchace a 19 H2o sport. blue with convience package with bimini top. Already have a list of upgrades i want to do. first will be doing the hatch mod on the port console, i will mount a clarion head unit in the hatch or surface mount it above the hatch, clarion remote to replace the factory junk one, replace the two standard junk speakers with 2 wetsounds speakrs, (more speakers and subs and amps will come later), add more interior led lights, under water led lights. soo much i wana do. cant wait. will be my first boat to own.

Hi .... we bought the same , only red. Consider the upgraded seats and the swim platform mat... ours is a 2012, so maybe these are standard now.... but the flip up seats are worth every penny. We also upgraded the trailer brakes which was optional. All of your ideas will make it a more even awesome boat. Like your idea of the additional lighting. This is also our first boat ! .. no regrets.

Ellie

i wana put a coat of wax on it before i put it in the water for the first time. what should i use.

I have used both Meguiars Flagship Premium and the Star Brite Premium with PTEF. I think both do a really good job. The marina were I have the boat uses the Star Brite, which they just did my boat this week and the sides are like mirrors. The one thing the mentioned is that they can't use it on the black while it is in the sun. They do one side in the morning and the other in the afternoon. They said there wasn't any problem with the white, but the black would be a problem.

I have used both Meguiars Flagship Premium and the Star Brite Premium with PTEF. I think both do a really good job. The marina were I have the boat uses the Star Brite, which they just did my boat this week and the sides are like mirrors. The one thing the mentioned is that they can't use it on the black while it is in the sun. They do one side in the morning and the other in the afternoon. They said there wasn't any problem with the white, but the black would be a problem.

I have used Meguiars and Mothers. For my runabout on fresh water, the Mothers seemed to hold up better but they're both good. Treat your vinyl at least twice a season with a good UV protectant. I like almost all the Star Brite vinyl cleaners & protectors. Keep some armorall wipes and windex wipes onboard - during the season. Treat your Bimini while its clean with a good protector. Go to the Taylor Made or Ameritex website for their recos. Buy good quality fenders, especially if you expect to raft up with other boats, which is a lot of fun. Dockmate or Taylor Made 5 1/2 x 20's - skip the flat hinged ones, they don't work. Extra pair of 20' dock lines and a dock pole are handy. If you're river boating in the Southeast, a mushroom anchor with about 100' of line should work (what I use on the Tennessee with average channel depths in the 16-22' range). Believe it or not, a small mesh bag (like a small laundry bag) for various trash/wrappers/ etc is also handy. STRONGLY recommend investing in a good floating marine radio - I use the iCom M36.

List of "what to have" can be long, especially from person to person (based on preference of need/want/must have), how big the boat, where you use it, and how close you are to a place to pick something up in a pinch.

That said, quick short list I start with and tweak from there:

* Required safety items: first aid, flare(s), fire extinguisher, throwable, paddle, whistle/canned air horn- check local/state laws for an exhaustive listing

* (4) dock ropes each of various sizes

* (2) docking fenders [more always better]

* spare drain plug

* basic tool kit with duct tape, electrical tape, zip ties, and flashlight

* life vests (never seem to have enough)

* box of shop rags

* floaties for boat keys & car keys

* spare car key & boat key hidden on boat

* waterproof bag for registration & insurance paperwork

The old acronym B.O.A.T seems to always come into play when you have a new or new to you boat = Break Out Another Thousand!

went back to the dealer and the sold the boat and didnt have any more. So i called ocean marine in mississippi and they had a 19 sport matrix package, with conv package, 220 hp, alum trailer, moring cover, canvas, flip up seate. I gave them my deposit on it today, goin pick it up monday. cant wait.

If your boat has wide band gelcoat, I highly recommend putting fender covers on your fenders to keep the fenders from scratching the gelcoat and Matrix decals. Happens in short order.

Examples can be seen below. Breaks my heart when I see a new boat (even when white) that is needlessly scratched due to no covers on the fenders.

http://www.perfprotech.com/fender-covers/category/5354

That's only when us small boats come along side you ship types! ;)

Most of the time when I raft up with someone it is another cruiser (ship type). I have the covers on the fenders that prevents the sides from getting fender rash. http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=503447&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=50304&subdeptNum=50340&classNum=50342