Buying A 2013 H2O Sport Ski And Fish 19' Are They Negotiable

Everything is negotiable. It usually boils down to supply and demand. Negotiating for a new boat at the beginning of the boating season (when everyone else wants one too) is probably not the best time. MSRP (without dealer prep) is probably the best you will do,

So much goes in to it, supply/demand, dealer inventory, local competitors inventory, etc. In general, the F&S H2O series is designed to provide new boat buyers a quality unit at a lower than premium price to get them into the brand/dealership and as such there isn't much of any hidden money or incentives given by the manufacturer to the dealer. All the dealers are paying the same $$$ for the boat and basically required to sell them at list price.

However, freight/prep, setup fees, other extras included with the sale could help defer some costs. But if you're looking to save many hundreds or even a thousand plus by shopping around, not gonna happen on that model.

If the dealer is flush (no hold overs in your price range), has little used inventory, and there are not a lot of competing dealers within 1 hour drive of them, then you're likely getting the best deal you can during the early season.

If you want to gamble or drive 2 hours, then there might be hold over options or competing brand options. But if you want a Chap H20, then that will ultimately determine the deal.

I bought an H2O 2013, 19 sport. I will pick it up tomorrow Friday. As far as I know the price is not negotiable, however I get some other free deals as part of the negotiation like: free service, free winterization and free first 20 hrs service. And also, the dealer will add 4 pole holder 2 in the front and 2 in the back.

Chacephi, H2O.

My dealer has told me, and demonstrated through his actions, that the boat business is heavily relationship based. I know you'll love the boat and they 're betting on your repeat business. When I told Buck Pegg about my experience buying a 226 as a way to enter into boating, and the purchase of the 284 not long thereafter, he said that people like me were one reason why they came out with the H2 O line. It gets people into a great boat without having to sell their kids and then makes them want to move into bigger Chaps later.

Upscale boats are wiseing up to a lost sale with no entry model.

Even Mercedes brought out a low cost entry model that looks like a compact. Years ago ? Decades ?? I do not remember the class. People love it & then move up as they can.

If you are really worried about saving a couple of large deer on the purchase of the boat, just wait until you have a repair, service, etc. Boating is an expensive hobby and the cost of the boat is just the beginning. However, from the list you posted, I would elect to get the GPS installed myself. You can likely save some deer there. You can probably get a better/larger unit for the same price the dealer wants for it. I have seen what a dealer does with a cutout tool and I would prefer to do it myself or pay a good installer.

If you squabble too much, the dealer may remember that when you need a favor...like right before a 4 day weekend of boating..

Use the boat a lot, that way the cost per hour goes way down :--)