MisterScott

Pics of the new 264 Extreme Volve 6.0

Finally here are some pics of my new 2013 264 Extreme with the new Volvo 6.0. Lake tested it and took delivery Saturday. Added a few goodies. Glad to be back into it after a year off of boating and an aborted move to the mountains. Now we just need some water in the lakes.

8695890206_190cf18a51_b.jpg

8695889588_39ecac8e2e_b.jpg

8695888164_4c96444b32_b.jpg

8695889196_56f99a545f_b.jpg

8695887550_d29ac8c6c8_b.jpg

Still not sold on the location of the camera but the dealership said they will mount it any where I want. Will have to be a long loop to get over the apparatus.

8695888608_e4613bb450_b.jpg

:clapsmiley: very nice, I would think the only worry I would have from your camera location is if the rope after a fall or a bit of slack wraps around it then pulls it but it also looks fairly robust, its a nice feature and a sharp looking boat.

Most impressive, nice job with all the add ons, awesome looking boat and rigged to the hilt. A great summer ahead for you and your family.

Question (maybe a dumb one) on the camera, what's the intended purpose? Are you replacing the need for rearview mirror or wanting to film your riders?

Camera is to view the skier and tubers in the cockpit without the mirror. I wanted GPS and my dealer does a lot of bass boats so he suggested this set up. I am not sure of the camera position as others have pointed out. I can also record video via a splitter if I want to. The camera is adjustable for zoom as well.

Scott! Sweet setup!

Love the camera and the sound/lighting systems.

Question:

1. What Underwater light product did you go with?

2. Do you have enough batteries?

Let me know if there is a lake we can meet-up at sometime.

Cheers!

Corey

I'll second the WOW! Really nice setup. We ordered almost the same boat - non-extreme - Sunesta. I can't recall ever seeing a boat with tinted windows, but I think I'm going to have to have that done once the boat shows up.

Congrats and enjoy!

I never quite understood these "wakeboard" sterndrive boats. They are useless in the sport yet people make them/buy them. It doesn't even have a ballast system which is hilarious.

Or, for cheaper.... you can get the most advanced best wakeboard/wakesurf/wakeskate/tubing boat ever sold.

http://www.miamiskinautiques.com/2013-Super-Air-Nautique-G23-Team-Edition-PCM-450-p/2013_fayg23.htm

Wow... way to rain on the guy's parade.

I haven't driven the boat you referenced, but I have driven other boats designed specifically for wakeboarding. One thing stands out far more than others: they ride like sh¡t in any kind of moderate chop.

Perhaps it didn't occur to you that MisterScott may have been looking for a good compromise between a dedicated wakeboard boat and a versatile bowrider? Furthermore, the dedicated wakeboard boat may be a bit overkill for people who are amateurs to the sport or may enjoy a variety of different water sports.

MisterScott - it's a killer looking boat. I'm sure a I speak for many when I say I hope you enjoy many pleasure-filled, trouble-free hours on it.

Well, I didn't mean to rain on any parades I'm sure he researched before he purchased. It's a very beautiful bowrider styled after modern wakeboarding boats but it has maybe 10% of the functionality of a real wakeboarding boat. That and the fact that stermdrive tow boats are insanely dangerous/deadly.

Agree, great looking boat. Hopefully, there will be some rain in the right places. We could sure use it.

Great idea on the camera. Much better than the mirror from a cool factor. :)

Well, I didn't mean to rain on any parades I'm sure he researched before he purchased. It's a very beautiful bowrider styled after modern wakeboarding boats but it has maybe 10% of the functionality of a real wakeboarding boat. That and the fact that stermdrive tow boats are insanely dangerous/deadly.

Really? I bet he can get as good or a better wake with those trim tabs than someone with a fatsac can, and he doesn't have to load 1000 gallons of water onto his boat. Boats are as safe as their users. You can drive over a person in the water no matter where your prop is.

Really? I bet he can get as good or a better wake with those trim tabs than someone with a fatsac can, and he doesn't have to load 1000 gallons of water onto his boat. Boats are as safe as their users. You can drive over a person in the water no matter where your prop is.

Displacement creates wake, not trim tabs. Having a ton or so of water in the boat makes the boat sit lower in the water when moving creating more displacement (wake). Also keeping it from going on plane. The 265 is a standard high speed sterndrive hull designed to create as little wake as possible (hull out of water for efficiency).

Stern drives are deadly in tow sports because the prop sticks 2ft out of the rear of the boat. Have someone sitting in the water off the swim platform with their legs towards the boat and put it in gear? Bye bye feet. Modern inboard tow boats have 5-6ft of space from the back of the swim platform to the prop. Very safe.