Happy Hideaway H20

Proper way to use a vacuflush?

Not to sound gross or anything. But we put the paper in a trash can. Just don't want anything clogging it up. It's not like a motor home where yu can back flush the tanks.

What is the proper procedure for flushing using a vacuflush?

Switch the system on, let it build the negative pressure, use push down pedal to empty the bowl ... just like on an air plane.

Any advice on paper?

Marine toilet paper works just fine if used in reasonable quantities.

I have actually done a few experiments and found that the marine toilet paper that breaks down well (costly). I have also found that the Kirkland brand breaks down faster and into just about nothing left. Yes monitoring quantities for one flush should be enforced. Happy Flushing.....

I keep the system on at all times and have about an inch of water in it. Use RV paper.

I try to maintain a no dumping policy, but it is difficult w/ 3 boys. use RV paper and be generous w/ the water. Add a bit of the pine scented RV toilet fluid between pump outs

Switch the system on, let it build the negative pressure, use push down pedal to empty the bowl ... just like on an air plane.

Marine toilet paper works just fine if used in reasonable quantities.

Yep!

we use ours most every weekend between April and December. we use the same paper we have at house. been doing this for going on eight years with no issues. we usually pumpout every weekend during the summer, hotter months and maybe every two to three weeks during colder months or when 3/4 comes up.

So do most leave the system off until you need to use it? Is it a different pump to the sink and shower? If so do you leave that on or just turn on the pump when ready to use. Dealer told me nothing. At all.

So, how long between pump-outs without solid waste; i.e., pee-pee only ...

I just added a little deodorizer.

When at the boat we leave the vacuum and water turned on. They both only cycle when needed. The water pump is the same one that is used for all the fresh water. Most of the time we pump out once the empty light goes out and before the 3/4 light comes on. Always add treatment to system after pump out and only use the RV paper. The rule is if you didn't drink it or eat it it doesn't go in the toliet, except for the special paper.

http://s399.photobucket.com/user/maniomp/media/TrooperToilet.jpg.html'>TrooperToilet.jpg

So the toilet uses fresh water to flush? I was told it used the salt water you are boating in to flush thru.

So the toilet uses fresh water to flush? I was told it used the salt water you are boating in to flush thru.

On a vacuflush marine head the water comes from the fresh water tank. There are other type of marine heads that use the water that the boat is sitting in. One of the big advantages of the vacuflush head is that it uses less water (less pump outs) and since it is fresh water the holding tank does not stink as quickly as if you are pumping in outside water from the lake or ocean.

After a pumpout, how long does it take to re-prime your vacuum? I have the 6.5 gallon tank and it takes forever to prime. I think that we have an air leak but have searched the system and cannot find it. We have just started turning on the air pump when the toilet is needed.

After a pumpout, how long does it take to re-prime your vacuum? I have the 6.5 gallon tank and it takes forever to prime. I think that we have an air leak but have searched the system and cannot find it. We have just started turning on the air pump when the toilet is needed.

There are different models of the vacuflush systems. With the smaller one you have to loose the vacuum when you pump out. On the one that I have the vacuum is in a different tank than the holding tank so the vacuum is not lost when you do a pump out. It never takes more than a minute or two for a complete recharge.

I believe I have same/similar system. It takes +/- 30s (after flush) to 60s (after not being used for a while) to recharge the tank. If you have an air leak in the system, the vacuum pump will cycle occasionally between flushes. Otherwise, perhaps a weak pump or clogged airway.

So do most leave the system off until you need to use it? Is it a different pump to the sink and shower? If so do you leave that on or just turn on the pump when ready to use. Dealer told me nothing. At all.

I just leave it on, once it creats a vacuum the motor stays off till used. You turn it off when you pump out. Water pump needs to be on when you flush, to fill the bowl.

On my system, I need to turn on the water pressure switch on the console. Then go into the head and flip the Vaccu Flush switch. After a minute or so, the system is charged and ready to flush. If you lift up on the flush lever, water comes into the bowl. Press down on the lever and it flushes.

I have a 10 gallon fresh water tank in the engine compartment. That tank feeds the toilet as well as the sinks and shower.

Our head system is fed from fresh water tank...vacuflush pump recharges within 30 seconds..........had some problems with it holding the seal last year and it turned out to be the bowl seal leaking.....ours is separate from waste holding tank. Use rv toilet paper ...our manual actually recommends Scott brand. Bought some last year at walmart....they had something different this year. Goodluck.

Rich

How often should the vacum pump run?

Mine seems to be running about once every minute. I'm guessing there's a leak in the system. Any ideas on where to start looking?

There is water in the bowl so I can't imangine the leak is there?

How often should the vacum pump run?

Mine seems to be running about once every minute. I'm guessing there's a leak in the system. Any ideas on where to start looking?

There is water in the bowl so I can't imangine the leak is there?

Once my cycles it doesn't come back on, at least not over night. I would guess that you probably have a duckbill valve that has something in it or is defective. They make a kit for rebuild of the vacuum generator for the vacuflush system, but it is a crappy job.

I would wear some protective clothing while working on it. May I suggest -

biohazardsuit_zps0d1ce20c.jpg