Chaparral Web Team

Engine Manuals for Stern Drive

I bought a new 224 Sunesta wide tech and am very disappointed by the quality. The first time I took the boat out the tach and speedometer did not work. The next day we found two bolts on the floor which we found belonged to the passenger seat. Then the latch for the head mysteriously doesn't work as qwell as the light for the automatic fire system. The dealer is waiting on canvas to go with the wakeboard tower but that has now been three weeks. Several of the machine screws used to hold the racks to the tower broke loose and looks like they werer stripped to begin with.

Once the canvas comes in I'm sure the dealer will take care of all these issues. I'm just taken back by the lack of quality control and hope this is not a harbinger of things to come.

Dirk,

First of all I'd like to welcome you to the Chaparral Family! Congrats on Your New Boat! Second I'd like to ask you to pm me your Hull Id # so I can have Customer Service look into this.

You definitely did the right thing by bringing the boat back to the dealer. They are our direct connection to you, the customer. It is hands down, the best way to get your boat taken care of.

Hi. I just tried pulling up the Volvo Penta Engine Manual and I got a message on the screen that said that the link/page no longer existed.

Hi. I just tried pulling up the Volvo Penta Engine Manual and I got a message on the screen that said that the link/page no longer existed.

Welcome to the forum Michele. We are glad you are here and believe that you will find answers to a lot of your questions. We also provide some humor, of course at no charge to you other than the initiation fee you paid to join this forum ;)

A few pointers for you to do (if you have not already done so) to help us help you:

1. Using My Controls, add into your signature your location (geographic area)

2. Using My Controls, add into your signature the type of boat you have and its mechanical systems, such as boat type, engine, drives, etc. This way you don't have to type it into to every post you put up. This will help us help you a lot! Without it, you may not get any answers.

3. Use the Search feature of the forum. There is a lot of good information on this forum that will answer many of your questions. We have a lot of experts here with a large amount of life experience.

4. Take a minute to review our Terms of Service. There is good information in there that you will want to know including that we cannot discuss pricing. But read some of our other posts on here to learn the work around for that. ;)

5. We like pictures a lot! So when you get a chance, post some pics of your ride. Read through this thread to learn more about how to do so.

6. Come back early and often to post. We are a community of friendly and some of us are border-line psychotic. But we admit to it and that's the first step to recovery ;)

Again, welcome to the asylum/forum and we look forward to more from you. Don't be a stranger.

If you are going to buy Volvo manuals, get the one for your particular out drive and the EFI Diagnostic Manual #7742218. Those are most helpful to an owner. The engine manuals are near worthless unless you are doing a major overhaul.

Wingnut

wasn't there an area on here that had PDF versions of the repair manuals for both engines and drives? If so I can not find. Please advise.

This is from another post I made a while back but belongs here:

You can find Yamaha engine assembly / part diagrams here:

http://www.yamaha-mo...parts/home.aspx

You select stern drive

year: show all

model: 5.7 EST

I have all those printed in PDF if they go away from the web and they are on my my web site but better to get them from the Source. :)

This is from another post I made a while back but belongs here:

You can find Yamaha engine assembly / part diagrams here:

http://www.yamaha-mo...parts/home.aspx

You select stern drive

year: show all

model: 5.7 EST

I have all those printed in PDF if they go away from the web and they are on my my web site but better to get them from the Source. :)

I am looking for Mercruiser. I know it was here at one point, I have the one from my motor and outdrive, I am looking for a B3 outdrive..

I am looking for Mercruiser. I know it was here at one point, I have the one from my motor and outdrive, I am looking for a B3 outdrive..

Here