Sign in to follow this  
brayday

Results of new spark plugs

I had posted earlier that I was going to put new plugs in the boat. 235 ssi 350 Merc 5.7 efi.

Anyway I put the lazer iridium NGK's in and i have noticed a difference

Overall the but runs smoother better

Throttle reponse is better

When going from 30- WOT it somewhat feels like it puts you back in your seat.

So net its a much better plug that did make a difference, worthwhile doing.

Pure marketing snake oil....no other material conducts/transfers energy better than good old copper in your spark plugs. Platinum and Iridium may last a lot longer, but they surely won't give you better spark vs. copper. Proper heat range and reach are all that matters in a plug.

Very true. They are for durability not performance. Copper is still the performance plug. Stronger spark.

I just put the NGK Iridium plugs in my boat (they're actually cheaper than the AC Delco OEM plugs). No noticeable difference in performance. Not that I was expecting any. Just hoping they last longer than this set of Delco plugs I just replaced. Only got a season out of them.

Have seen superior reliability from NGK vs. AC-Delco, in the marine environment at least.

Rather than the new sparkplugs being superior to the brand you pulled out I wager a guess that the ones you pulled out have some issues. If you have not replaced the plugwires in the last 5 yrs they may be your culprit and will shorten the life of your new plugs and the improvements you have noticed will not last. And YES, I did stay at a holiday inn express last night.

I had posted earlier that I was going to put new plugs in the boat. 235 ssi 350 Merc 5.7 efi.

When going from 30- WOT

it somewhat feels like it puts you back in your seat.

When going from 30- WOT it somewhat feels like it puts you back in your seat.

When going from 30- WOT

it somewhat feels like it puts you back in your seat.

That Boat in the pic is gorguous, makes me want to take a ride around the lake on my skis

Pure marketing snake oil....no other material conducts/transfers energy better than good old copper in your spark plugs. Platinum and Iridium may last a lot longer, but they surely won't give you better spark vs. copper. Proper heat range and reach are all that matters in a plug.

Agreed but if he's pulling out plugs that had a lot of use over the last 12 years than certainly the engine might run smoother as his electrodes had worn.

When I started driving in the late 70's the common notion was change the plugs......busted knuckles and an hour of aggravation later the new plugs were of no help. Champion spark plugs sure was happy though.