Sign in to follow this  
Mhans

Wiring New Arch 2011 Sunesta 264

Had to replace a damaged full arch on my 2011 Sunesta 264. New arch has LED lights with harness that the dealer left unconnected. . Anybody familiar with the 4-color wiring system (what is hot, ground, etc.) that Chaparral uses. I can't seem to get the lights to light up.

thanks,

Mike

First thing Yellow is ground.....Wish I had more help.

Did the dealer do the reinstall? If so why didn't he do it.

I know the new 2013 264 Sunesta arch LED lights has a special switch (off-momentary) down by the remote control shifter by itself. The colours for the arch LED lights are purple, blue, red, and off. (same as on a 2013 257 SSx)

Pushing the switch once will turn on the purple, then toggling thru will turn on the blue, then red, then off.

What the wires colours are and on what terminals they're connected to I don't know. Contact Chaparral for the wiring schematic for say a 2013 264 Sunesta with arch. You will probably need the new style switch.

I know the new 2013 264 Sunesta arch LED lights has a special switch (off-momentary) down by the remote control shifter by itself. The colours for the arch LED lights are purple, blue, red, and off. (same as on a 2013 257 SSx)

Pushing the switch once will turn on the purple, then toggling thru will turn on the blue, then red, then off.

What the wires colours are and on what terminals they're connected to I don't know. Contact Chaparral for the wiring schematic for say a 2013 264 Sunesta with arch. You will probably need the new style switch.

One correction Shepherd - after playing with the our new 2013 264, with each push of the toggle switch the LED arch lights go from Purple - Blue - Red, then the 4th push is what my kids are calling Disco Mode - a soft diffusion from each color to the next over a period of about 10 seconds, then the 5th turns the lights off.

Yellow is most likely ground. If it was me, pull one of the lights down to see. I would than connect the ground wire, than use a hot wire that has a 1 or 2 amp breaker on it. Than test the wires to see what lights up.