Straight Shooter

How many boats have you owned in your life?

How many boats have you owned?   176 members have voted

1. 1. How many boats have you owned in your life?

• 11-19
    • 20 + (I'm sure there is a medical condition for this)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 posts in this topic

Just two for me, so far:

14' Lowe with a 9.9 Honda for over 15yrs

My current 19' Legend with a 135HP Verado

** Hopefully a Chaparral this season **

Six I have owned, but there have been many more that were in the family while I was growing up.

Started at 6 years old with an 8' homebuilt jon boat and a 3HP Sears Outboard

Graduated to a Cooks aluminum 14' Jon boat with a 5HP Johnson Outboard

Graduated to a 14' McKee Craft tri-hull fishing boat (Boston Whaler copycat) with a 50 HP Evinrude

Moved to a 16' Glastron with a 55HP Evinrude

Was in a partnership with a 32' Luhrs Convertible with twin Perkins TurboDiesels

Moved to a 21' Renken 2000 with 350 OMC Cobra

Moved to a 24' Wellcraft Martinique express cruiser - single 250 HP Mercruiser Alpha

Recently bought a 30' Chaparral Signature 300 with twin Volvo 5.0GXi DPs

Recently bought an 8.5' Saturn inflatable dinghy with 5HP Nissan

5 to Date….

12' Aluminum Flatboat

14' Fiberglass Canoe

16' Hobie Cat

20' Wellcraft

Sunesta 264 (doubt that it's my last)

I am 32 years old and my wife and I are just now on boat #2. The first one we bought last year is a 1995 wellcraft Eclipse 210 SC... Great boat, single engine Merc 5.0LX Alpha 1. This year we were given an oppertunity to own a beauty by two wonderful people and we jumped at it. We have a 2004 Chaparral 270 Signature with 100 hours on each Volvlo Penta 4.3 GXI-E w/ duo's. I am really excited to work on these Volvo's, they are incredibly clean and run beautifully. Big step from a single 21ft to a 29 LOA but it is an awesome handeling boat with a nice wide beam and two screws.

In order of purchase:

16' Fibreglass canoe (25 yrs ago)

14' Grew SS130 fibreglass runabout 40hp Evinrude

277 Regal Commodore twin Mercruiser 488 4 cyl

14' aluminum 9.6hp Viking

16' Lund WC16 aluminum was 25hp Johnson now 40hp Johnson

SSe 200 Chaparral with 5.0L Mercruiser

Still have the canoe, the Lund, and the Chaparral

LOL Love the quote in parentheses in the last option of 20+ boats. :D

I am 32 years old and my wife and I are just now on boat #2. The first one we bought last year is a 1995 wellcraft Eclipse 210 SC... Great boat, single engine Merc 5.0LX Alpha 1. This year we were given an oppertunity to own a beauty by two wonderful people and we jumped at it. We have a 2004 Chaparral 270 Signature with 100 hours on each Volvlo Penta 4.3 GXI-E w/ duo's. I am really excited to work on these Volvo's, they are incredibly clean and run beautifully. Big step from a single 21ft to a 29 LOA but it is an awesome handeling boat with a nice wide beam and two screws.

Nice post. I too am very impressed with the Volvo Penta. I'm a newbie and this 2010 276ssx I bought in late June of this year is my first boat ever, excluding canoes and kayaks but so far I have been very pleased with the Volvo 8.1Gi that came with the boat. Such a great sounding motor and plenty of power. Easy to work on and I've been somewhat of a minor gear-head through the years and have worked on car motors so I can appreciate a nice, big block like this one. Understanding the stern-drive and the other components of a marine-working engine has been a pleasant, learning experience so far. Looking forward to many more years of the boating life style.

I do plan on building my own wooden boat sometime in the near future. It's been a project on my mind for quite some time, now. Only problem is too many projects with such little time.

In Oct 1988, I bought my first- 1988 SunRunner 195 CV. It was a wonderful boat for the 21 years we had it.

In Oct 2009, we bought our current 2008 Chaparral 215. So far it has been trouble free and very good to us.

It appears that in Oct 2030 we will be due for a larger boat :scratchchin:

One 10 ft. whaler, then a regal that I only got to take out once because of rot, and then my chap.

1978 Glastron - 16 ft of madman speed.

2002 Larson - 18 ft. family boat, just couldn't hold enough of the family

2002 Sunesta 243 - 12 people, one dog, three coolers - just right.

Six, a Necky Looksha V, 1989 VIP Vision 170, 1995 Chincoteague Scow 19, 2005 Chaparral 215 SSI, 2013 Boston Whaler Dauntless 170, and a 2006 Chaparral Signature 350.

14 ft. starcraft w/9.8 hp mercury outboard

17 ft. sylvan     w/60 hp yamaha outboard

1930 ss Chaparral w/4.3 merc.

216 ssi Chaparral  w/5.0 volvo

FullSizeRender.jpg

Four for me...  (five if my inflatable kayak counts...:rolleyes:)

1970 15 1/2 foot Fabuglass tri-hull with a 1976 Evinrude OB. My coworkers called it the dinghy.  :slap:

1983 17 foot Cheetah bowrider with a Merc 140 four banger with a first year Alpha outdrive. I consider it my first real boat.  :D

1999 20 foot Crownline 202BR with a 5.0 carbed Mercruiser and Alpha Gen 2 outdrive. Good boat, had it 13 seasons and over 600 hours on the engine. Sold to my brother who still uses it. Only boat I have ever bought new.  :rolleyes:

2003 21 foot Chaparral 210SS with a 5.0 MPI Mercruiser and Alpha Gen 2 outdrive. Have had fun doing mods to it and have used it three full seasons. So far so good.  :thl_speedboat:

Two ... one 28' sailboat, and one 29' express cruiser.

Not counting one 8.5' inflatable Zodiac, and four sailboats in a private sailing club, two of each I help building from scratch/mold up.