kcorso

Florida's West coast from Tampa South

Hi Folks,

I am new to this forum. I live in Tampa and keep my boat in Sarasota as the boating is much nicer down there with more to do. I have a Chap 280 (which became the 290) and I would love to meet some other Chap owners and possibly do some cruising. I have had the boat as far south as Captiva and may be taking it down to Islamorada for a few weeks this summer and leaving it behind a friends house on a creek for some keys exploration. If there is anyone interested in doing some boating or even organizing trips, I am always open. I hope to hear from you folks soon and look forward to it.

Sorry for reading this so late... just haven't been on this forum in a while. We are on the Manatee River and usually anchor out at the DeSoto National Memorial on the Bradenton side... or run out to Egmont Key when the Bay is not too choppy. One thought: Power Squadrons seem to be quite active around here... the Manatee group sponsors weekend trips at least once a month.

Sorry to take so long to reply - I do not check the regional forums very often.

My wife and I boat out of Venice FL where we keep our '08 Sig 270 on a lift. We are in Venice for about 4 months each year - 2 in the Spring and 2 in the Fall. We summer and winter in NH. We like boating on the gulf side. We have two choices - inside the ICW if the seas are choppy or outside in the gulf if the winds are from the east, which generally yields calms seas.

In April we travel North to Marina Jack's for the Sarasota boat show. We also like to head South to Punta Gorda and Marco Island. When we get back to Florida in mid-October, we will take a week and try to get to Key West and back.

Happy Boating.

MontreAl

Hi Folks,

I am new to this forum. I live in Tampa and keep my boat in Sarasota as the boating is much nicer down there with more to do. I have a Chap 280 (which became the 290) and I would love to meet some other Chap owners and possibly do some cruising. I have had the boat as far south as Captiva and may be taking it down to Islamorada for a few weeks this summer and leaving it behind a friends house on a creek for some keys exploration. If there is anyone interested in doing some boating or even organizing trips, I am always open. I hope to hear from you folks soon and look forward to it.