ilockert

1986 178XL Bimini Top

I did a serach and for a post reguarding a top for an 88 model. I went out and took the measurement and found some tops on ebay (ive been loking everywhere) and ebay is the only place I have found something that is in stock and not .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-BOW-BOAT-BIMINI-TOP-KIT-GRAY-6FT-COVER-WITH-HARDWARE-6-L-x-46-H-x-73-78-W/300916446407?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D8198637043172695721%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D4%26sd%3D300913080175%26

Im just curious if anyone has ever order one of these tops if so what is your thoughts on them?

Also How height has most went with the bimini tops?

Thanks for your help in advance.

It looks okay for the money. Many people would opt for a rear post instead of the strap, that way they can store the top in a raised position out of the way of passengers.

I was looking at those last year but never did pull the trigger. I can't remember the measurements but was confident that 46" atop the gunwale would allow an average height person to walk upright and not bump head. I think for the money it's a good deal but definitely not the best available. I always keep my boat parked with a cover on so the bimini would only see sunshine a few times per year. Probably last long enough to cover the cost, best part is wife would be happy and I could stand up.

My main reason for one is my sone is red headed na d pale skin and burns in the shade. I guess he got my wifes irish blood over my Native American blood. Its just hard to pull the trigger on one thats crazy in price since this is our first boat and pretty much a trial boat, to see if we will actually use one enough to justfiing a note or spending more on some bigger and newer. I guess Ill message the ebay seller and see how they respond, Ill make a post about them later on.

My current top isn't tall enough for me to stand up straight and I wish it was longer towards the rear. My wife likes riding in the boat but has fair skin and doesn't like being in the sun. That's why I was looking at that bimini you're looking at. Also for the same reason as you have, I didn't want to spend a lot of money because I hope to upgrade to a larger boat sometime soon.

July30.jpg

I emailed them making sure if something wasnt right with the fitment I could return it, and if that all comes out good then Im going go ahead and order it. I had good luck ordering my jeep top from a palce like that so I not to worried, but money is money and wasting it no matter how little is a bad idea.