tpesco

2005 Signature 240

I purchased the boat last year and have not turned on the shower or bathroom (vacu-flush system with masticator) yet. I am looking for help on the mid-bilge?? I am not sure if the boat even has one, but I see it mentioned in posts. I took the screws out of the second step and could not get the step to come off to look for another bilge or a drain through hole for water to get to the aft bilge. So, help there would be appreciated. I do not have air conditioning, so there is no unit in the way above the first step. Also, my aft bilge has not needed to pump any water out since I first bought the boat a year ago. That seems impossible, so I am concerned water is filling up somewhere else. The engine compartment is completely dry. The boat stays in the water in a well all summer in Michigan.

Shower sump is under the second step in the cabin, look way back. The step will lift up, it's on a hinge. The are known for sticking also it's only has an automatic float so there is NOT a switch to turn it on.

The A/C is at the foot of your aft cabin, if you have one.

Also, my aft bilge has not needed to pump any water out since I first bought the boat a year ago. That seems impossible, so I am concerned water is filling up somewhere else. The engine compartment is completely dry.

Dry is a good thing!!

If you are worried about your pump working or not, you can manually lift the float switch(if equipped) or put the pump in a bucket of water to test the operation.

My shower sump is like Joey described also.

Good luck.

Well, I found the sump under the bottom stair. Yes you were right, it was stuck by the carpet after I removed the left side screw. I went ahead and filled the water tank, pressurized it, and the faucets all ran great. I had shore power hooked up and with the vacu-flush switch turned on (I tried the switch in both positions to be sure) and the water pressured I stepped on the flush valve of the toilet. The bowl and drain tube quickly filled with water, and no VacuFlush! It never turned on, so now I have a toilet full of water. The book says it could be a fuse or the pump itself, but it also refers to a switch back by the batterey switch? I do not have any switch in the battery compartment. Think it may be time to call a service guy.

Guys,

One other thing. I turned the refirgerator plug on on the A/C panel with shore power hooked up and the fridge doesn't turn on. Also, I cannot turn the temperature setting knob at all. Any suggestions? Pull it out and make sure its plugged in I guess is the first step. More curious as to why the temp knob doesn't turn.

For the vacuum flush, check for a circuit breaker on the 12 volt fuse panel. Mine is located on the lower helm area. On the switch panel in the head, there may be lights that will turn on when you have power to the pump.

The refrigerator, when you open the door is the light coming on? the thermostat turns clockwise to decrease temperature. counter clockwise to the end of travel and then it turns a little further into a detent, can be a little stiff. When turning on it is in that detent and can turn hard to activate the thermostat. The frig will have a DC breaker and an AC breaker. The AC is in the cabin breaker panel and the DC is on the helm fuse panel.

Thank for the info. My fuse panel is there also, I will check it.

In the head I only have the vacu flush switch, and the fill level dispaly. The holding tank fill level is the only thing lit up in the head. Oddly enough it says 3/4 full, I had it pumped out again last week to make sure, and nobody has used it. Strange.

There is a small rubber nub that sticks out under the vacu flush switch. It doesn't light up, not sure what its for.

On the fridge, yes the light goes on. The dial is reading "4" at the 12 o clock position and won't move in eithier direction.

It has power is the light is on.