2008 Signature 250

I bought a new 2008 250 and in 4 years have had the following problems:

1. Engine pressure module replaced 4 times

2. Water pump disengaged from the engine

3. Ceiling came down

4. Out drive repairs

5. Faulty distributor

6. Gauges fog up

7. Most recent - ground fault on boat side. I keep tripping the dockside GFI circuit breaker

I have about 150 hours on the engine.... Anyone else experiencing these problems???

I have a 2008 250 with 5.7gxi. Now at 420 hours. The only early problem to speak of was the power steering giving up the ghost. Lost fluid through the cooler. Bit of a pain, but replaced under warranty. Everything else has been maintenance related. Just had the manifolds and risers done and added freshwater cooling. New plugs, filters, belt and impeller. Runs great. I will say that under the right circumstances my gauges can fog, but it is rare.

we have 2008 270 - only prob we had similar to yours was a foggy guage - which was replaced under warranty (& we were 2nd owner)

We have a 2008 Sig 270 that we purchased new in 2010. The only problems we've had are the gauge(tach) fogging up, replaced under warranty, and the MerCrusier Gen 3 Cool fuel going out, but this was a recall from MerCrusier so it was replaced under warranty. A few minor things here and there, but nothing to hard to fix.

Greg

I have an '11 270. My headliner fell as well. I posed on here about that and my general frustration. I got a call from Chap, they offered to help, do some research, and call me back. That was 2 months ago.....nada. I called them today, left a message, nada. I'm done taking the high road, I tried to be nice. Extremely frustrated with them as a company and with the boat......................wish i had purchased something else.

2008 Chaparral Signature 33 ft with fog inside all instrument gauges , started from 2008 and continues, told from the start I have to replace them, enjoy your under warranty replacements! I need better service from Chaparral.

KWF

Today, attempted to take boat out and loud spinning noise on port engine that is present in neutral and as I increase RPMs and NO increase spinning of the propeller; chap 33 ft signature with twin Merc 350s each with only 135 hours! Help!

Had an awesome ride up the coast from Ventura to SB yesterday. Wind picked up as always but behind us. Love my 250. Of course I was removing some salt water from the bildge and doused the fume sniffer - it had a fit and went off. I may have killed it again :-). Isn't boating cool!