blackjd1

2007-2009 256 ssx

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I have been monitoring the forum for the past few months trying to learn as much as I can about the SSX series. Largely due to the favorable impressions on this forum, I have narrowed down my boat search to the 8.1 liter 256 ssx. Unfortunately over the past month, every time I find one, it is either sold, or has some sort of issue. I was hoping that someone here may have a lead on 2007-2009 256 ssx with an 8.1 (Penta or Merc ok). Also, I have emailed or called most of the listings on boat trader and it appears they leave the boats up that are sold hoping that you will bite the bullet for a new one. In any event, if anyone has any leads on a well maintained 256 ssx with the 496, I would greatly appreciate the lead.

Thanks, David

Thanks! I am in South Carolina. Willing to expand my search. The irony here is that I have finally talked my wife into the type of boat I would like to get, and now I cant find one!

Ironic, I could not find the boat I wanted around here (SE Pa) and had to buy one from SC.

At least you have the hard work behind you (convincing the Admiral).

You'll find one, don't settle.

Welcome to the group...almost.

Good luck shopping, you might want to expand it to a 'ssi' model same hull just a different seating arrangement.

Boat Trader. Dallasboatsforsale.com are good sights. Plano Marine has two stores and usually has a very nice selection of used boats. It is kinda a lean time of the year right now in terms of used boats on the market. Good luck. If your senses tell you to walk away from a sale do it. Don't force one cause you want a boat now.