Vinworcester

Halon system on a 2004 SSi 256

I just bought a 2004 256SSi. I have a Halon (or what ever the replacement gas is) indicator light on the console. It shows green, which should indicate the system is charged. BUT, I have searched everywhere for the canister and can't find one.

Any help on where to look would be much appreciated.

Vinworcester.

I had the same issue only to discover that I did not have the Fireboy system/option in the engine compartment. Never did understand why Chap put the light in the dash, let alone illuminated it. I made a wood bracket, gel coated it white and installed a new Fireboy bottle on the port side for about 400 deer.

mpm330 and Whalersailor:

Thanks guys. I checked again, but it as whaler guessed. They put the light in, and on, but it has no suppression system. So I have a project for this winter....

Thanks.

Vin

Be aware that there is a ground wire that goes to the blower relay that is suppose to connect to the Fireboy. I would guess that on your boat they have the connector connected to ground. The purpose of this is to turn off the blowers in case the Fireboy is activated. You don't want the blower pulling in fresh air to feed the fire and blowing out the fire retardent.