Sign in to follow this  
Suzie

Removing Bimini from Sunesta 243

Hi all-

Just bought a 2002 Sunesta 243. It has a full Bimini, but there are no instructions about how to remove it. Any idea how to either remove it entirely or fold it into the boot?

Thanks!

Start with the front upright poles. Look carefully at the little oval shaped bases they are inserted into. You'll see little square buttons in those bases. Pull the button back, and the pole will pop right out. Clip the pole into the gray clips on the big forward facing top bow. Now the whole top can be folded back against the rear top bow, and you can zip the boot over the canvas. I leave mine in this position, because you can still come and go from the stern deck, going under the top. If you want to lay it all the way flat, you'll need a set of short uprights to substitute for the rear, tall uprights.

Start with the front upright poles. Look carefully at the little oval shaped bases they are inserted into. You'll see little square buttons in those bases. Pull the button back, and the pole will pop right out. Clip the pole into the gray clips on the big forward facing top bow. Now the whole top can be folded back against the rear top bow, and you can zip the boot over the canvas. I leave mine in this position, because you can still come and go from the stern deck, going under the top. If you want to lay it all the way flat, you'll need a set of short uprights to substitute for the rear, tall uprights.

jmiska, Do you know where one can buy the bimini poles that snap into the oval shaped bases?

Hi. I just came back after a while away. I have no idea where to buy them, but I would guess that Joe at Cecil might know...