Sign in to follow this  
Rip5

307 SSX

Their latest "big" bowrider, and lil' brother to the 327SSX. Minus the cuddy cabin and fixed hardtop. All new model for 2014.

30ft-2014-chaparral-307-ssx-1.jpg

Lookee, a little sink AND a seat !! Bravo Chap :thumb:

30ft-2014-chaparral-307-ssx-2.jpg

30ft-2014-chaparral-307-ssx-3.jpg

Available in single of twin engine applications – Mercruiser or Volvo. 30 footer with 9'6" beam. Price :idn:

Very nice. I would have liked to see an option for a micro-cabin on it too. That being just a bed for two, a toilet (those two options make it legal to drink on it Canada when anchored), a sink and a microwave oven.

I wonder if my wife would like a little walk-though on it? Hummmmm. time to phone my Chap dealer on my lake and see if they plan on getting one in thier show room.

Well, I guess I am bound for a case of "6-foot-itis' sooner or later .....

Save your deer, and buy a 357 SSX next year, and make the 10ft. jump :)

I see a port light on the starboard side so is there a cabin below?

Uhhh, no, as stated in the original post "minus the cuddy cabin" Only a large head compartment on the 307 SSX

Rip, I saw that but there was a port light on the starboard side, I assumed the head on the port side had a window as well. just curious what the space on the starboard side is. Storage w/ a window?

Very nice. I would have liked to see an option for a micro-cabin on it too. That being just a bed for two, a toilet (those two options make it legal to drink on it Canada when anchored), a sink and a microwave oven.

I wonder if my wife would like a little walk-though on it? Hummmmm. time to phone my Chap dealer on my lake and see if they plan on getting one in thier show room.

Ok you are telling me that in Canada that if I have a place to pee and pass out that I am allowed to drink on my boat? I thought we had some strange liquor laws here in Texas.

Marty_Feldman.jpg

Ok you are telling me that in Canada that if I have a place to pee and pass out that I am allowed to drink on my boat? I thought we had some strange liquor laws here in Texas.

Marty_Feldman.jpg

:haha-7383:

No not true here in Canada . Here you must have sleeping facilities, head, permanent cooking, (BBQ doesn't count ) and be anchored for the night or at dock with keys out of ignition.

Yes, Canada does have some odd laws around booze. I'm from Ontario, but I remember going to my grandparents cottage in Nova Scotia in the summer in the 70s and 80s. Alcohol was strickly controlled there, especially hard liquor. You used to pick what you wanted from a catalogue, fill out a form, put it in a mail slot with the cash (cash only of course) and then some dude would get your booze from a protected concealed area and put it in a steel carousel with any change and spin it around so you could get it.

Things have not changed a whole lot; it looks not as "prison-ish" now (they only changed the look in the last 10yrs really) but its just as bad. Beer is controlled by a monopoly called "The Beer Store" who distribute it at set prices often set by the big 3 breweries to prevent competition. Selection is good, but prices at 32-41 deer for 24 bottles is not. Hard liquor (and most wine) is controlled by the government through thier distribution network called The LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario), where the "O" stands for Ontario and it changes per province. Prices are about 40-50 for a 40oz bottle of booze. Selection is really good though.

Quebec sells beer and wine in grocery stores, but prices tend to be even higher and the selection is dismal, except for maybe wine as Quebec'ers tend to think of themselves as (arrogant) Europeans and are very particular/snobby about higher quality wine.

Drinking in public is forbidden everywhere in Canada. No open alcohol is allowed. A permit is required to drink in public at special events.

That said...........For some reason, I'm REALLY craving an ice cold Keith's IPA right now, actually about 6 of them would be better. :)

So with this, Aslong as the boat is moving it's legal to have a cocktail....... :drink-buddy: aah.

Save your deer, and buy a 357 SSX next year, and make the 10ft. jump :)

Is there any sneak info on what this boat looks like? Any spy pics, or even prototype drawings? Would love to see it if it's still in the making.

If it's anything like the 307 with a cabin, wow! Getting a nice big boat with a decent cabin, a twin pack with a joystick would be a dream.

Marty_Feldman.jpg

Lol!! They let the beer flow free in ny so we cant leave, if we were sober, wed be loooong gone!