cyclops2

Old body 75 has forgot to change anodes.

2002 5.0L with 175 hours at docks with NO electric power to them in water May 1 to Oct 1. St Lawrence River. Anodes look spongy. 2 small spots of white growth on drive housing. About 1.5 " in diameter.

Will have them all changed this fall pull out..........Do NOT get old !!!! :)

Put on kit # 888755Q03 this fall. Magnesium vs. aluminum anodes for superior protection, but you'll most likely only get 2 seasons at best.

Do NOT get old !!!! :)

Hey, brother, it beats the alternative ;)

I hope I'm still going strong on the water when I'm old(er). You, my friend, are an "old salt"

Take care.

They will if you use aluminum anodes on the St. Lawrence, but then again, you won't get the best protection either. I boat on Charleston Lake northeast of Gananoque, and while the water is a lot cleaner than the mighty St. Lawrence River, I might get 3 years for the magnesium anodes with the boat in the water from July 1st to Labour Day. (no power at the dock, but running ss Enertia prop and Lenco tabs)

I forgot about the PH of various fresh waters. Also I am running over & fishing over MANY HIGH POWERED BURIED POWER CABLES between ALL the isolated islands. Could be 10,000 to 30,000 volts in any of them. Talk about a can of worms theoretically ???? What stray induced voltages & currents . It is always something. :)